Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have several amber lights(triangle, VTM-4, VSA, and ABS) on my dashboard. These came on about 6 weeks ago but truck continues to run fine. I tried unhooking battery for an hour thinking the computer would reset and they would go off, no such luck. I am trading the truck in and just want the lights OFF. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?? Thanks!

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I have several amber lights(triangle, VTM-4, VSA, and ABS) on my dashboard. These came on about 6 weeks ago but truck continues to run fine. I tried unhooking battery for an hour thinking the computer would reset and they would go off, no such luck. I am trading the truck in and just want the lights OFF. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?? Thanks!
A repair shop or a dealership? :| We recommend doing it the right way, thus the answer, no one wants to inherit a broke ass vehicle.

Administrator
It's possible you have a faulty wheel speed sensor or associated wiring. VTM-4, VSA, and ABS all rely on information from the wheel speed sensors.

The truck may run fine, but you may not have anti-lock brakes or stability control and you may be left only with front-wheel drive.

As suggested, take it somewhere with the the necessary knowledge and test equipment for a proper diagnosis and repair. At minimum, you'll need a scan tool that can read chassis ("C") codes to get started - cheap, generic ODB II scan tools don't do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts