Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went on my 1st night ride.
During my test rides no one was able to accurately explain what "Ambient Console Lighting" was as tagged in the RL brochure.
In addition, the Owner's Manual does not discuss the subject adequately.

Well, in addition to the standard/typical courtesy lights, I find this feature to be a very nice touch ... :). Not only are the door switches and steering wheel switches lighted, but there is a tiny yellow/orange spot courtesy light (LED) in the ceiling between the map lights (Pg 116) that lights the center console in a faint glow.

I find that attention to detail in the big items makes a vehicle good.
However, attention to detail in the small items makes a vehicle great.
I like vehicles where the mfg has gone the extra step by providing the small items that makes the vehicle special and enjoyable ... :D.

Keep up the good work Honda ... :cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just bought my ridge and will pick it up in a couple of days. The ambient console lighting, the way I understand it, is that the console is lit all the time. It helps you to see the console even during the day. Kind of like what you would see if you turned the parking lites on in the daytime on any other vehicle. Nice touch! <><

·
Registered
171 Posts
I also noticed a second light inside my center console. The light is mounted on the "back wall" of the console so that it directs light towards the front of your console (towards the dash).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I'm a first time poster, and got my Silver RTL w/moonroof (no nav - live in Hawaii!) earlier this month! Love it so far!

The "ambient console lighting" is the amber light (LED) on the map light/sunglass console which is used to add an ambient effect on the center console area (RTL's have this - RT & RTS do not).

Honda uses it in the Accord EX's, and Acura uses it in the TSX, & TL (not sure about the RL).

(note: the Acura's use a blue LED, and Honda uses amber...and they are interchangeable!)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Welcome aboard Jason! That little light also makes a nice target to aim for when pulling into the driveway at night and searching for the garage door button.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jason -

Can you tell me how to interchange the LED? I like the blue on my MDX much better than the amber. Would love to replace it on my Ridgeline.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I might like to put a green to match my Amazon Green.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to remove or swap the sunglass holder...I have owned a 03 Accord EX V6 coupe, and an Acura TSX. Both sunglass holder/map light consoles look identical to the Ridge's...

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK. Now I feel left out! :mad: I wonder if you can exchange out the RTS roof console for an RTL unit with the lighting and garage door openers?? I guess the biggest question would be is the harness in place to accommodate these features on the RTS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I finally found the thread to some lighting on the interior bcuz my sis acura has some and my other sis Mercedes has it. Its just a nice touch to the interior while your rolling at nite. My ??? Is how to activate the accent lighting or what where and how did you, in case im jumping into the discussion and you already discussed the Interior lighting accents. Thx.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts