Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a opt7 led kit installed partially in my 2009 Honda Ridgeline. There is an option to have the leds come on when the door is open called the door assist feature. I am needing to connect to the ground wire that is associated with the door plunger so that the connection is made when the door is open to activate the led strip. What I am needing is to find the wire in the harness instead of having to tap in directly to Where the plunger is in the door frame. Does anyone know what wire I should be tapping into?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Actually, the interior lighting circuits have been posted here a few times the last couple of weeks. Look for threads on interior light switch, map lights, etc. The wire on the driver's door is Green, the passenger door is light green w/red. Left rear is green/yellow and right rear is green/white.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
I have a opt7 led kit installed partially in my 2009 Honda Ridgeline. There is an option to have the leds come on when the door is open called the door assist feature. I am needing to connect to the ground wire that is associated with the door plunger so that the connection is made when the door is open to activate the led strip. What I am needing is to find the wire in the harness instead of having to tap in directly to Where the plunger is in the door frame. Does anyone know what wire I should be tapping into?
How do you want the lights to behave? On w/door open and instant off when door is closed? Or do you want the off timed like the over head?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ SK17touring - I did see those posts describing the circuits and saw that the green wire is indeed the wire I need. The problem however is needing to find that wire in the harness near the interior fuse box as I do not want to tap in to the wire directly from the door plunger. I have found multiple green wires in the interior underdash harness but do not know which one to tap into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts