Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm shopping for a new RTL-E and discovered that American Express has an Auto Purchasing Program...

"The American Express Auto Purchasing Program lets Card Members connect with over 10,000 American Express accepting dealers. All participating Certified Dealers on the site accept the American Express Card for at least $2,000 and up to the full purchase price. Individuals that used the site to request a Guaranteed Savings‡ Certificate in 2016 saw an average savings of $3,272 off MSRP.2 Customize your preferred vehicle, see a listing of participating Certified Dealers in your area, and purchase your car today!"

Can't say for sure whether the benefits are real, and I certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to put the entire cost of a new car on my credit card unless I could pay it off immediately (I can't) but I thought I'd pass it along to interested parties. If you like collecting points this might be worth it to you.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Welcome Daninhim (yogurt guy, LOL?) and thanks for sharing this savings opp.

Several credit card companies and even discount buying services promise similar discounts, some push their card use.

While it could save lots, there is often some fine print like you have to use dealer select financing (padded with profit percentage by a preferred lender that sponsors affiliated with AmEx?) or there some additional fees maybe for credit card use as any biz owner knows customers using these causes fees passed along somehow to customers. You’ll get it somewhere else in the deal maybe like $800 fabric treatment already done, sorry.

In the back of a 737 while seated momentarily in that tiny side facing private bifold door room I had this offer (I think it was, definitely something crappy from AmEx for sure) fall out of a magazine and ummm, we’ll they were out of TP so I put Amex to the test and want to Express my gratitude for their choice to advertise... and for that thin stream of running water Delta insults us by labeling it SINK. I can SWIM! ?? ?✈

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm figuring as well, but I filled in the info online and will share any pricing magic they come up with. Luckily the dealerships that responded via email to the application are not the ones near me, nor are they ones that responded when I submitted my info through the Costco buying program. So by the time I have the car I should have some interesting pricing info to share.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts