Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only is this site having problems but I did a search of surrounding dealers to see if any had 2017 on their site, some had none listed and one in Jacksonville had about 5 listed. Funny thing is no pictures just VIN numbers and several were listed as having RWD ?? Seems like dealers are not checking on who ever is maintaining their web site.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I use cars.com. It has a nice search system and can send you email alerts and such.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I don't know about the Jacksonville area, but at least in Oklahoma City the reason that the dealers have no pictures is because the RLs are being sold before they even get to the lot. No reason to bother with pictures.

People are going to whatever dealership actually has any RL in stock to see it in person and perhaps get a test drive, and then they are putting contracts on the color and model that they want from whichever dealer is getting it in (we have 3 within about 15 miles). I'm not even sure if the dealers have any say right now as to which models and colors that they are getting.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know about the Jacksonville area, but at least in Oklahoma City the reason that the dealers have no pictures is because the RLs are being sold before they even get to the lot. No reason to bother with pictures.

People are going to whatever dealership actually has any RL in stock to see it in person and perhaps get a test drive, and then they are putting contracts on the color and model that they want from whichever dealer is getting it in (we have 3 within about 15 miles). I'm not even sure if the dealers have any say right now as to which models and colors that they are getting.
Think you are correct, my local salesman (friend) has called me twice, I went down to drive one and after driving it we were told that both had been sold. He called me the next day and said they had just received 2 more, so they don't know when/what they will get in, potluck ....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
441 Posts
Some of those pictures are from the America site and not the dealer on site but thanks, they are listing as 2x4 and 4x4 instead of AWD/FWD/RWD
I actually saw all these vehicles in person the other day and I'm surprised they aren't sold yet.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Think you are correct, my local salesman (friend) has called me twice, I went down to drive one and after driving it we were told that both had been sold. He called me the next day and said they had just received 2 more, so they don't know when/what they will get in, potluck ....
Stopped by the dealer a couple days ago and saw one of the two (2wd unit). Did not drive it. He told me they ordered 5 units initially. So with your numbers, they still have one more coming.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stopped by the dealer a couple days ago and saw one of the two (2wd unit). Did not drive it. He told me they ordered 5 units initially. So with your numbers, they still have one more coming.
The one I drove was a RTL silver and the other one was in back, Maroon color with tan and he could not find the key, why it was sold but had no sign on it saying that...it was a RTL-E and if I do ever decide this would be my choice....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts