Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the aftermarker kit and installed my head unit ..no how the h*ll do i get my factory sub to work with it?:mad:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I believe the power for the stock sub comes from the stock radio itself, there have been a couple of pics showing only 2 wires (positive & negative) going to the sub, Im not sure of the power requirements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
biggesthonda said:
I believe the power for the stock sub comes from the stock radio itself, there have been a couple of pics showing only 2 wires (positive & negative) going to the sub, Im not sure of the power requirements.
well if thats the case i shouldnt need a amp being the stock head unit was 160 watts and my aftermarket one is 300watts...thats more than enough power to juice up the sub i should just need to tap into the signal from the harness:cool: thanks for replys fam...

·
Registered
174 Posts
The stock raio has a dedicated output to the sub woofer (ie wattage) I dont think there is a after market radio w/ dedicated output (but i could be incorrect) There are on most if not all after market radio what is called a preamp output but this is always for a sub woofer amplifier and this output SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO A SPEAKER OR SUBWOOFER!!! I think your best bet is a dedicated amp. A good 2 channel amp about 50 watts per channel should be ok. If the amp you get allows for bridging ( this is when the channels are connected together to form one output and mulitplies your output to approx 200 watts +/-, this process usually takes the positive from say the right side output and the negative from the left side output and this is your bridged output the other outputs are NOT used) there are other variations of this setup but for what you are trying to do this would simplest

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
biggesthonda said:
The stock raio has a dedicated output to the sub woofer (ie wattage) I dont think there is a after market radio w/ dedicated output (but i could be incorrect) There are on most if not all after market radio what is called a preamp output but this is always for a sub woofer amplifier and this output SHOULD UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO A SPEAKER OR SUBWOOFER!!! I think your best bet is a dedicated amp. A good 2 channel amp about 50 watts per channel should be ok. If the amp you get allows for bridging ( this is when the channels are connected together to form one output and mulitplies your output to approx 200 watts +/-, this process usually takes the positive from say the right side output and the negative from the left side output and this is your bridged output the other outputs are NOT used) there are other variations of this setup but for what you are trying to do this would simplest
ohhh sh*t thanks dude...because i sure was about to connect it using that preamp output!:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts