Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed over and over, but I have a different angle on this. I am looking for an amplifier that will fit under the passenger side seat. I dont want to sacrifice the space under the rear seats. It gets narrow toward the back of the passenger seat, so the amp has to be fairly small. CC recommended Audiobahn?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
These examples were fairly large and were mounted under the rear seats. Have you given any thoughts about extending the center console as in the photo and mounting the amp in there?:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Suggestion, if you don't mind not seeing the amplifier, why don't you just mount it behind the rear seat. Enough room for an 8" sub enclosure = enough room for an amp or two. Maybe even a couple aftermarket 8" subs or a 10" with a neo magnet. The technology is out there. Good luck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks for the pics, great work! However, I wanted my amp to simply fit under my passenger seat. I really love and use the storage space under the rear seats, so under the passenger side is my only option. I am just looking for brands etc that you like? I just installed the Infinity 6012i's so I want to hear them the way they should be heard, with an amp :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
The rear seat location mentioned is behind the rear seat, not underneath. You wouldn't lose any storage at all, including under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhhhhh I stand corrected, I have the rear seat understorage tray back there under the seats. I would have to see if it would interfere with an amp being there.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any favored brands of amps? I assume I would just need a 2 way?

·
Registered
484 Posts
You need one "way" for each speaker, so a two way would be for a pair of speakers and a four-way would power four speakers.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, dont mind my ignorance....this should be required knowledge for a 33 year old :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks DoctorJ....so basically I am looking for an amplifier that is whatever wattage x 4?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We think alike DoctorJ, I initially was looking at the Rockford Fosgates, but they appear too wide to fit under the passenger side seat. I will measure it tomorrow, but the Alpine looks like a winner, I didnt see that one before.....thanks!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is tons of space behind the back seat. I took out the factory sub and mounted a fairly large amp back there and there was still room. Not too dificult to take the rear seatback out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
from 1 channel to 8 is the most ive seen, i would suggest you look for a minimum of 5 channels since it would be best to amplifiy all speakers to maintain balance. wattage should be as close to the rated nominal power of the speakers too little would cause as much distortion as too much, check around at your local shops and ask as many question as possible

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No price on that site?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Curly, what exactly does that do, its a converter rather than an amp?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Brian and all,

This is a high qaulity interface to allow you to run any amplifier(s) off of your stock in dash stereo system. There are many aftermarket amplifiers that have high level inputs available(the speaker outputs from the stereo) so this is not a requirement, but Audio Control is a very good company that makes some of the best car audio components of this type.

The link was to Audio Control's home page. You would have to find a retailer to purchase. Again it is not required if you purchase an aftermarket amplifier that has high level inputs built-in. The Audio Control system is a superior product IMO to the alternative of most built-in interfaces, and allows the user a choice of quality of the amplifier to be used.

Here is a link from one of the car audio forums about the LC6 that I found today:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/printthread.php?t=202631

1 - 20 of 21 Posts