Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
(Moderator note: I moved this thread from the G2 area to a general Accessories thread)

Other than information about the Ridgeline, this forum is a great resource for other products that may come in handy. I have no idea if this has any interest to anyone else but me, but I was thinking a thread that lists all products that people may be interested in.

zrodger posted this link :

Since this is turning into a gas can discussion, I've bought a few of these over the years and LOVE them more than any other gas can I've ever owned.

NO-SPILL INC. | Lenexa, KS 66215

Closer to the topic, I LOVE the capless filler on the Ridgeline. I hope it holds up. Ford has been using them for several years now and they've had a few problems. I've never ran out of fuel in my life, so I'll probably never use the funnel, but it's good to know that's the only funnel that should be used.
UnicornKaz posted this one:

I got me one of these since last year and it WILL start anything and hold its charge for at least 1 year ( I have tested it and it's true as advertised ) ;)

https://www.cyntur.com/Store/Product-Viewer/lithium-ionjumpstarter

again...too short to stretch to those 2 points...I'm just going to go with what I have done for a LONG time !!..POS to POS....NEG to metal frame :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ryo8GRUX3A
There have been others that I couldn't find so quickly, if people want to re-post here, just thought it would be a great to have one thread to make a shopping list.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have one of those gas cans, the green button is wonderful for metering flow in cases of small tanks (weedwackers, lawnmowers, etc).

The capless filler is nice, provided some ham-fisted station attendant who is unfamiliar with it doesn't break it. My dealer has had one broken one already due to this.

Always pump your own gas :)

·
Administrator
16,107 Posts
I have one of those gas cans, the green button is wonderful for metering flow in cases of small tanks (weedwackers, lawnmowers, etc).

The capless filler is nice, provided some ham-fisted station attendant who is unfamiliar with it doesn't break it. My dealer has had one broken one already due to this.

Always pump your own gas :)
The capless fuel filler does come across as a bit delicate. After watching Honda's video about how easy it is to dislodge the gasket, I've been very careful. The fuel filler neck flexes more than I'd prefer due to the weight of the filler nozzle and hose alone.

Pumping your own gas isn't a legal option for all states.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here's the Curt 45534 towing kit that comes with a locking pin and hitch ball that I've posted in a couple other threads:

Curt 45534

Fits the foam spare tire insert in your trunk. I have one in my RL. I think it's a pretty good deal for ~$50.

·
Administrator
16,107 Posts
Here's the Curt 45534 towing kit that comes with a locking pin and hitch ball that I've posted in a couple other threads:

Curt 45534

Fits the foam spare tire insert in your trunk. I have one in my RL. I think it's a pretty good deal for ~$50.
Is the Honda version a 2" drop as well? That looks very similar, if not identical, to Honda's version for less than half the price. If you peel the "Curt" sticker off and buy the Honda receiver cover, you might not be able to tell them apart. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is the Honda version a 2" drop as well? That looks very similar, if not identical, to Honda's version for less than half the price. If you peel the "Curt" sticker off and buy the Honda receiver cover, you might not be able to tell them apart. :)
I went by the "looks close enough" metric when sizing it up, too.

And since I'll keep it in the trunk unless it's actively towing something, I don't mind at all that it doesn't have an expensive "H" on it. :wink:

·
Administrator
16,107 Posts
I find it strange that Honda doesn't specify the drop for their OEM ball mount. Perhaps it's designed to provide a "standard" 18" height based on the vehicle since the part numbers for the ball mount are different for different Honda years and models. The drop for the 2006-2014 Ridgeline looks about an inch greater than the one for the 2017 Ridgeline based only on photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts