Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....Drum roll.....Ridgeline!. After researching the big 4 (Ranger, Canyon, Colorado, Taco), I just bought a 2018 RTL-E. Deciding factors: All the bells and whistles, the ride, and positive reviews. Seems like every major reviewer chose Ridgeline #1 (Edmunds, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc...). And let me tell you, Ranger was reeeaaal close. For me no one had better accelration and that was a 4 cyl!! 7000 lbs of towing capacity - come on man! But Ridgeline won out because of all the positives. So why don't I see more Ridgelines on the road? Once in a while I'll see a G1 but I can't remember seeing a G2. And I tow a boat and never see one at the ramps. Where are all you guys? Anyway......

I'm drive it home from the dealer yesterday and decided to try the windows to see if they are one touch up/down. I hit the passenger side button and it goes down all the way; great! Then I hit up and the window stops about 1/4 the way up. Well guess what! The rubber lining inside the door comes off and the window is binding against it. This is the rubber piece inside door opening that I guess keeps the window lined up and dirt from entering inside the door. I turn around and take it back to dealer. Now I have to wait two days for them to fix it. (and yes yes yes, I should have tried it before leaving the lot). Sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. And I still don't know if Ridgelines have one touch up/down window buttons!

Can't wait to get it back but got to ask - anyone else experience this? Hopefully it's not a know issue.. Please, tell me good news!!!.

:)

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
See this thread....may be related:

·
Registered
2 Posts
.....Drum roll.....Ridgeline!. After researching the big 4 (Ranger, Canyon, Colorado, Taco), I just bought a 2018 RTL-E. Deciding factors: All the bells and whistles, the ride, and positive reviews. Seems like every major reviewer chose Ridgeline #1 (Edmunds, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc...). And let me tell you, Ranger was reeeaaal close. For me no one had better accelration and that was a 4 cyl!! 7000 lbs of towing capacity - come on man! But Ridgeline won out because of all the positives. So why don't I see more Ridgelines on the road? Once in a while I'll see a G1 but I can't remember seeing a G2. And I tow a boat and never see one at the ramps. Where are all you guys? Anyway......

I'm drive it home from the dealer yesterday and decided to try the windows to see if they are one touch up/down. I hit the passenger side button and it goes down all the way; great! Then I hit up and the window stops about 1/4 the way up. Well guess what! The rubber lining inside the door comes off and the window is binding against it. This is the rubber piece inside door opening that I guess keeps the window lined up and dirt from entering inside the door. I turn around and take it back to dealer. Now I have to wait two days for them to fix it. (and yes yes yes, I should have tried it before leaving the lot). Sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. And I still don't know if Ridgelines have one touch up/down window buttons!

Can't wait to get it back but got to ask - anyone else experience this? Hopefully it's not a know issue.. Please, tell me good news!!!.

I had a problem with the drivers window binding to the point where the motor couldn't close it without me pulling it up. Dealer had to order the part and install was less than an hour. They said that they had seen this with some other Hondas but mine was the first Ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The Ridgeline has been around for 3 years of production now. This is unacceptable and where are all the checks at the dealer and manufacturer level? Maybe there is some truth to Consumer Reports rating Dodge above Honda. My windows are definitely slow on the front. I've tried the WD-40 method which didn't do much. Last car I had this issue with was with a Mercury Topaz back in the day.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Ridgeline has been around for 3 years of production now. This is unacceptable and where are all the checks at the dealer and manufacturer level? Maybe there is some truth to Consumer Reports rating Dodge above Honda. My windows are definitely slow on the front. I've tried the WD-40 method which didn't do much. Last car I had this issue with was with a Mercury Topaz back in the day.
4 years if you consider that the Pilot uses the same parts. Makes me wonder if Pilot/Passport owners are experiencing the same fit/finish issues.

·
Super Moderator
12,794 Posts

If you live in a state that does not have the 7/70 California emissions warranty, I would suggest buying a Honda Care warranty to cover the fuel injector issue that tends to affect 2017, 2018, and early 2019 models.

There have been some reports of transmission pressure switch failures and transmission replacements which are covered by the 5/60 powertrain warranty.

Also, a few motor mount failures have been reported and there is a potential O-ring issue that causes a loss of A/C refrigerant in most 2017, 2018, and 2019 models.

The Ridgeline's front windows are one-touch auto down and up. The sunroof operation is one-touch. The rear windows and rear sliding window are manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts