Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just an FYI for those of you that may be experiencing a similar problem. I was using AA with no problems using a non-Samsung USB cable. I took my truck in for repairs so I was using a Chevy Malibu rental for the week. The Malibu had Android Auto so I decide to use that with my phone. All worked well, maps, music, etc. At the end of the week, I pick up my truck and attempt to use AA like always. For some reason, my phone would not connect with AA. I could play the music, but it was only when I used the Bluetooth connection with the Honda interface Graphical User Interface. The AA GUI would not work. I tried deleting the Bluetooth connection on the phone as well as on the Honda screen. I even deleted, cleared cache, etc on the AA app on my phone. Still no connection to AA. What I ended up doing was selecting the top option on the picture shown "Reset settings" and "Reset network settings" and also switched to a Samsung brand USB cable. After resetting those items, I had to go back thru setting up a new connection Bluetooth on the Ridgeline. Next step was to allow all the permissions for Android Auto on the phone.
th my phone.
I'm not sure which one fixed my issue. I think it may have been multiple issues since I tried unsuccessfully to pair a different phone as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Similar problem here on my Black that I've owned for 12 hours. My Pixel 3 worked great on my 2018 RTL-T - after I wrestled with it for a couple of weeks. I think the Bluetooth may somehow step on the cable connection. I'll get the AA screen up for about 30 seconds - then it disappears and I get the "nothing connected" message from the truck. Like Honda, hate the RadioShack Color Computer era electronics. I'll try your solution. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts