Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts
Display Screen will NOT keep the Android Auto Screen alive..consistently goes to black after a few minutes with no way of resurrecting it--even with the updated Android Auto App.

I took everything down (uninstalled) for about 6 weeks just to have a clean slate .

I was happy to see the AA app has been updated. I like the new look, and was hopeful that this newer version might address my Display-Screen-Going-Black [only in Android Auto mode] after a few moments. It did not. While I certainly like the updated version, it did NOTHING, NADA towards keeping that screen alive and sure enough, 6 or 7mins later, the beautiful, updated android auto screen went BLACK. I was listening to music on the YT app and of course the music kept going, but w/o the screen you have no way (no options WHATSOEVER) to change any selections. Whatever program I have going when the screen goes black continues of course, but for changing, options are zilch without your screen.

I will bring this up at my next service appt but if no-one else has this problem, I am skeptical that they will be able to intelligently address it, let along knowing of the quick fix.
There’s been a few posts that sound similar, I believe that the entire HU was replaced. It’s either posted in this section or the problems and issues section of the 2G section of the forum.

Reactions: onekathryn

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,897 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.