Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some great Pioneer stereos that replace the stock CD/AM/FM that came with my 2007 Ridgeline.

I want an android based. Anyone have one they can recommend?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
There are several that are compatible with Android Auto, but none that I know of that are specifically designed with it in mind. Most are around $350-450 on Crutchfield and I don't think there's one on there that truly isn't good. I'd lean towards the Pioneer NEX line or one of the Kenwood units.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Joying brand sells a lot of different Android based HUs. https://www.carjoying.com/head-unit/universal-car-head-units/2-din-head-units.html

You may want to really search the automotive custom world for what is being used. Lots of these have barely any reviews and some might be fake. Android HUs are in their infancy and could be a hit or miss as many are made and sold directly from China. Use caution when buying these.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This in a lightning deal for a few more hours. $239. Usually it's about $320:
https://www.amazon.com/Android-Stereo-Double-Bluetooth-Navigation/dp/B076ZLPKTB/ref=gbps_img_s-3_866c_805d583d?smid=A35ICIJD64TUP8&pf_rd_p=b1838a12-fb1b-4d5f-a527-4ea0cf1f866c&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=7GJZG4MHST9VSXJ2V5VW

I pulled the plug and bought it. Reviews look alright with customer pics. Also saw some decent youtube videos from the company. Hope it's a good one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So did the Pumpking unit work? I was looking at the Curtfield site, and no matter which install kit of theirs you choose, it says you loose factory subwoofer capability.... which isn't something I was looking to replace. 2007 "new" owner so I'm just wading into the ridgeline world.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
So did the Pumpking unit work? I was looking at the Curtfield site, and no matter which install kit of theirs you choose, it says you loose factory subwoofer capability.... which isn't something I was looking to replace. 2007 "new" owner so I'm just wading into the ridgeline world.
The factory subwoofer is powered by a 5th channel on the factory head unit with its own wiring connector. Aftermarket head units do not have this connector - hence the reason Crutchfield says that. This issue has been discussed numerous times on this forum. You can add a simple, small amplifier and tap into the factory wires to retain functionality of the sub. Or, you can replace it altogether with something better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered the unit last week, so I'll have to wait until it comes in. I also had to order more stuff for the install, such as wiring harness, dash kit, antenna adapter, ect. This unit does have a dedicated subwoofer out, so I was planning on getting a small amp to put in line as suggested. As a bonus, it looks like this unit takes in resistance based steering wheel control input, so you don't have to buy a SWC adapter.

I'll see how this goes, but so far it doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. I've done basic car stereo installations more than a couple of times, so I'm not too worried.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Let us know once you install it how everything turns out. That is actually a pretty decent price for the headunit. Biggest question here is reliability, so please let us know of any issues you encounter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered the unit last week, so I'll have to wait until it comes in. I also had to order more stuff for the install, such as wiring harness, dash kit, antenna adapter, ect. This unit does have a dedicated subwoofer out, so I was planning on getting a small amp to put in line as suggested. As a bonus, it looks like this unit takes in resistance based steering wheel control input, so you don't have to buy a SWC adapter.

I'll see how this goes, but so far it doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. I've done basic car stereo installations more than a couple of times, so I'm not too worried.
How did this unit work out for you? I just recently purchased an 07 and was thinking of going android based.

Thanks in advance..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
TwinDad46142
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing