Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did not know this but I googled the status of Takata. I am not sure if it was known fact around ROC, but looks like they were bough by a company called KSS (Key Safety Systems) a CHINESE automotive safety equipment manufacturer since Takata filed for bankruptcy in the US in 2017.

Question is, who and how does one guarantee that the replacements are going to be working fine? Maybe I should put a full rollcage in my G1 and use 5-point racing harness.............
You don't seem to understand the problem... The thing explodes and hits us with shrapnel... An ejection seat would be a better option!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I saw it this morning on my News feed and I really hope that my G1 is not part of this as I had a not so great experience in the last airbag recall experience. Basically, I just dread taking it to the dealership.
I'm with you on that... I don't think they even did a replacement the first time, if they did they managed to do it without disturbing any the dirt on my dash... I showed it to a competing dealership, and the service manager, kinda stepped back, hesitated and said, they really didn't need to touch the passenger side bag area, which was covered in undisturbed dirt...

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,578 Posts
I'm with you on that... I don't think they even did a replacement the first time, if they did they managed to do it without disturbing any the dirt on my dash... I showed it to a competing dealership, and the service manager, kinda stepped back, hesitated and said, they really didn't need to touch the passenger side bag area, which was covered in undisturbed dirt...
I thought the passenger side was replaceable through the dash area as I have seen the inflator from underneath.

·
Administrator
14,530 Posts
News outlets are reporting that the NHTSA has deepened its investigation into 12.3 million 2010-2019 vehicles - including Hondas - that use a ZF-TRW airbag controller that may fail to deploy the airbags in a collision.

FCA and Kia/Hyundai have previously issued recalls for this specific part, but a couple of crashes involving Toyotas have prompted further investigation into ZF-TRW and all automakers using this part.

They may find that the risk is low enough to be acceptable, but it could be another big blow (no pun intended) to airbag manufacturers and automakers.

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
229 Posts
I'm getting mine done tomorrow. Had to check the Canada Honda website to find out that mine hadn't been done.

Just got the truck registered with Honda USA so I can get this done.

2-3 hours I'll be sitting at the dealer. Hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
this is my biggest concern with the Timing Belt recall It will keep trickling until nearly all G2 belts are recalled... But my fingers are crossed!

·
Premium Member
2011 VP Bali Blue Pearl
229 Posts
Jobs done!

About 2 hours, no problems. 1st visit to a Honda dealer, I was kinda impressed. Even the parts guy had good people skills.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts