Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday, I took my RL into honda for them to install my backup cam and fix my paint flaws. They called today to say that the tech "slipped with the drill" when installing the backup cam and they need to repaint some more. It looks like I won't get my truck back untill Friday now :mad: . I hope it looks OK.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they are covering it...at least they better. It was in for the backup cam and the paint flaws on the bumper / door. The problem is the fixed the paint first and then installed the cam. Since they scratched up the tailgate, it now has to go back to paint so instead of being ready today, I have to wait until Friday.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know the feeling -- when I got all my options installed (the car was at the dealer for over 2 days), I went to pick it up and the SRS light was on. My sales guy took it back one day last week, but they realized they needed to order a part (a new SRS sensor) and so I just brought it back this morning (and got a rental -- better than nothing, but my '93 Accord Wagon is *so* much nicer than this POS '05 Corolla!). So, hopefully when I get the RL back tomorrow morning, all will be well... otherwise, if that damn SRS light is still on, I'm going to blow a gasket!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Am I flamed or am I just gullible. I had bought a Nisson Stanza. Had 25k miles and the electronics went out, the warrenty was for 12k miles, Nissan and the local dealer picked op the car and repaired the damage, no charge!
My father died in 1984, I had 50k plus miles on the Nisson Stanza,must have been a 1981. While going down to Florida, the Stanza kept stalling out;Therefore, I had a Florida dealer up the idol to 1.5k rpm.causing a 31 mph to drop to 27 mph, It cost me $29. When I got back to NC, the local dealer picket up the car and replaced the electronics and NO CHARGE. I had a 1978
Buick Century Wagon, Vega Trans, etc. Spent $2500 in repairs for then a $7900 auto;therefore, I said that I would not buy another big 3 auto. I have previously owned a Plymoth 1965 barricuda, and a my folks owned and I drove a Ford ranch wagon. I'm pro Asian, but, I have been disturbed by the
resent Ridgeline comments. We have had a Honda Accord 99K + miles, no problems, a 1990 Acura Integra, 180K+ miles, then CVC joints going. Great
Stuff, DO I NEED OR DO I WANT TO BUY AND EXTENDED WARRENTY FOR
MY RIDGE??? I my have been under the misguided belief that: Honda, Toyota, and Nisson, would stand by their product and correct any known defect, not like the big 3. What is the younger folks take on this subject, or does it need a new topic???

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is from a real old guy. I've got almost 21,000 miles on my Ridgeline and it going fine.

I've been driving Honda's for over 14 years and my repair bills have been almost nothing. This is with over a total of 600,000 miles on them.

1991 Accord 138,000 miles $98.00 (Cooling Fan)
1997 Accord 48,000 miles $00.00
2000 Odyssey 88,500 miles $00.00
1997 CR-V 238,000 miles $210.00 (ig. switch & front boot (Corn stalk)
2003 CR-V 67,000 miles $00.00
2006 Ridgeline 20,784 miles $00.00

Tiger

·
Registered
578 Posts
oldguy said:
Am I flamed or am I just gullible. I had bought a Nisson Stanza. Had 25k miles and the electronics went out, the warrenty was for 12k miles, Nissan and the local dealer picked op the car and repaired the damage, no charge!
My father died in 1984, I had 50k plus miles on the Nisson Stanza,must have been a 1981. While going down to Florida, the Stanza kept stalling out;Therefore, I had a Florida dealer up the idol to 1.5k rpm.causing a 31 mph to drop to 27 mph, It cost me $29. When I got back to NC, the local dealer picket up the car and replaced the electronics and NO CHARGE. I had a 1978
Buick Century Wagon, Vega Trans, etc. Spent $2500 in repairs for then a $7900 auto;therefore, I said that I would not buy another big 3 auto. I have previously owned a Plymoth 1965 barricuda, and a my folks owned and I drove a Ford ranch wagon. I'm pro Asian, but, I have been disturbed by the
resent Ridgeline comments. We have had a Honda Accord 99K + miles, no problems, a 1990 Acura Integra, 180K+ miles, then CVC joints going. Great
Stuff, DO I NEED OR DO I WANT TO BUY AND EXTENDED WARRENTY FOR
MY RIDGE??? I my have been under the misguided belief that: Honda, Toyota, and Nisson, would stand by their product and correct any known defect, not like the big 3. What is the younger folks take on this subject, or does it need a new topic???

CV joints are wear items... no manufacturer will cover that. Plus you get 180k miles out of them, that's really good.

I've said this many times before on many forums - remember, not ever owner are on thsi forum. The comments on these forums will ofcourse tilt towards the negative. Why? because people don't post when there's nothing wrong with their truck. It's really that simple.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ruffles said:
Monday, I took my RL into honda for them to install my backup cam and fix my paint flaws. They called today to say that the tech "slipped with the drill" when installing the backup cam and they need to repaint some more. It looks like I won't get my truck back untill Friday now :mad: . I hope it looks OK.
The more I read things like this, the better I feel about installing accessories myself. They are under the clock, forced to rush, you can take your time. When you get it back, don't accept it if it isn't perfect to your liking. By no means pay for damage they did. They should give you something off for the damage they did, even though it's repainted. Customer satisfaction is their motto, so lets see it. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
This has has happened to some members before, having dealers install these options. I think Honda should rethink its policy and install the items as factory options & acording to Ridgeline model you purchase. I feel sorry for you guys who have gone through this from incompetent dealers. I know some guys have done their own work but we are not all that brave or have the tallent to do these thing, that why we ask the Honda dealersto do this.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I'm Pissed! (LONG)

Ok. Now I'm PISSED!! Heads are going to roll at Honda of Seattle in about 2 hours when I take my lunch!

They called yesterday around noon to say my truck will be ready at 4:30. I decide to go over and pick it up even though I've got tons of stuff to do. I get there at 4:30 and my trucks not there. It's still in the body shop 10 miles away. I'm told it's on the way over but they still need to add a "decal" when it gets here. Fine, I tell them. I've got to be somewhere @ 6 so they need to hurry.

Finally my truck arrives. Honda of Seattle sure have an odd idea of what a decal is. I expected the Ridgeline or Honda emblems on the tailgate needed to be replaced. That’s not it at all. They've broken the trim that runs along the top of the rear seat AND PUT IT BACK TOGETHER THAT WAY!!! I'm told they have the part but it will take 2 hours to put it on! I tell them I can't wait and that I'll have to bring it back tomorrow. Keep in mind that this place is in downtown Seattle...30 miles from home and work plus I get Seattle traffic. I'd never go there except they gave me the best price for the truck. I paid for the camera with the truck so I have to have THEM install it and since they paint flaws are factory defects, it just made sense to have them fix it at the same time. Kirkland Honda is near my house and I'd like to use them for repairs because I can drop off the truck, take there shuttle to work, and have them pick me up at the end of the day. With Honda of Seattle, it's just a pain in the butt as they are so far away. Out of the kindness of their hearts, the Service Manager offers me a free oil change for the inconvenience (like I'm going all the way there for an oil change ).

Now, the next thing I have to tell you about Honda of Seattle is that since they are in downtown Seattle, there isn't really a lot. It's all in a building, kind of like a parking garage. This is important because it means when I'm in there getting my truck, it's indoors...dim lighting, no sun. I get to the baby sitters to pick up the kids and check out the repairs in the sun and it's HORRIBLE! It's not blended or buffed or something but it's very obvious. The pictures don't do it justice. They didn't even repair both sides like they where supposed to. I look at the back door and find scratches all over the inside plastic trim! Then I try to put the baby seat in and find they didn't connect the back seatbelts! There is also some white, waxy stuff all over the door and rear bumper!

I called them immediately and told them I was very unhappy. I have to use my truck tomorrow for hauling deck supplies so they said when I bring it in today, they will give me a rental truck this time. I'm going to try to be calm when I get there but it will be tuff. They've had the truck longer than I have!

L

·
0 Posts
I am furious for you because all too often I saw this happen when I worked for the boycotted dealership. :D
But my suggestions?? Be calm and be sure to get done everything they need to do. Don't leave until you are happy. Inconvenience yourself by staying there as long as you can while they work on your truck and make yourself known in the showroom. Pace and drink soda or coffee and ask them every 15 minutes how much longer. I promise they will have you out of there as fast as they can. be sure to tell them you want it right this time. Take the Service Manager by the hand and lead him/her to the vehicle and go over it together with a fine tooth comb. Print these pictures in 8x10 and in full color and take them with you and compare them to the repair. Don't feel bad that you are taking their time to look over the vehicle again and again, they already took enough of yours.
It works, trust me. ;)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Ruffles said:
I dropped mine off at the dealer Thursday & overheard a service rep on the phone with some poor customer...
A porter was washing their vehicle and had smashed the entire passenger side while departing the garage!
I could hear the customer thru the service reps phone yelling! & I was about 10 feet away

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Ruffles, Man, you are one patient dude!! I have been following your progress and believe me, I really feel for you. I’ve been scared to death to take our Ridge back to the dealer for the paint damage which is getting worse every time I look at her.

After seeing your photos and reading your post, I think I will take mine to a good body shop now! Thank you for helping make up my mind. I hope they take care of their customers!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems Steve,I hope Seattle Honda gets it right finally.It just confirms that I'm glad I purchased else where.Good luck

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I will tell you this, if this was my truck there wouldn't be a senior manager at that dealership that wasn't talking to me, and the owner would also be having a conversation with me. I do not yell, I am persistent and ruthless until I get what I paid for. Note the important part, it is always what I have coming, I never go beyond that. I have a lot of patience for people who do their job well and try, but very little for people who try to play me. That vehicle should never been released to you, they should have apologized, and offered you a truck rental on the spot and said that they just can't let you take the truck because it is not in a condition acceptable to them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it's been another week without my baby. I took it back in last Friday and complained (nicely) about the repair. Tuesday, I called the body shop and they said it was done. I was too busy to pick it up so I figureded I'd call Wednesday and make sure it was good to go...it wasn't. It's still in the body shop. I called again today and they said they would finish it tonight and I can pick it up tomorrow. We'll see.

On a positive note, they were very appologetic and the pictures I took have made it all over the company and the body shop has them as well. They've assured me it will be perfect. I hope so, the wait is killing me.

I was amussed to get a phone call from Enterprise Rental yesterday. They asked how I was enjoying the Chevy Colorado rental truck I'm driving while my Ridgeline is repaired. I said it was fine...why do you ask? They replied that they've sold it and are waiting for me to bring it back so they can deliver it. They asked if I would come in to exchange it for another vehicle. I said no. They can have it when my truck is fixed...maybe they'll pressure Honda of Seattle to get it right this time.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's still not right!!! :mad: :mad: This time, they've dented the tailgate, scratched the bottom of the bumper, and messed up the finish on the rest of it. The dealer readily admitted that the body shop they used, J&J, did a crappy job. They offered to swap bumpers and tailgate from another RL but because of VIN etching, that won't work. They finally set me up with a different high end body shop called Metro Automotive that does all the work for the Seattle Mercedes, Porsche, and Ferrari dealerships. I'm going to deal directly with them and they'll bill Honda of Seattle. They seem to know what their doing so I hope they'll get it right. They said they will replace the entire bumper and tailgate if they need to. I take it in Tuesday so I'll give you all the update next week. At least I get to drive my RL over the weekend :eek: .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts