So I got tired of seeing expensive bed covers that really were not any better than I thought I could do so I went ahead and made my own. I used diamond plate aluminum sheets that were purchased cut to my specs and some angle aluminum pieces. Two of the angle aluminum were affixed to the sides of the RL using the bolt holes that most of the commercial toppers use. I used angle aluminum and rivets to strengthen the sheets of aluminum by building a frame around then and putting them into place. I used a large piano hinge to allow the back sheet to be lifted to gain access. I used a turnbuckle to affix the front part to the lower tiedowns. I did the same on the back part when I want it closed. I am still trying to come up with a better latching system but they come off in about 15 seconds and are really secure. I then painted it with some rust-o-leum rubberized paint. I also used some rubber seals on the angle metal where the top and bracket come together and then siliconed the crap out of everything else.
174.1 KB Views: 953
83.6 KB Views: 708