Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my RL last week. The dealer had to get me a different color than the one on the lot (they had white - which is not my favorite auto color).

I debated whether or not to get the truck.. my husband actually talked me into it and he's usually the more restrained one, especially on large purchases. I think he likes it as much as I do, and he doesn't like trucks.

Traded in my 2002 TrailBlazer for it. Got 15k for the TB, and was happy.

Just a couple of things the RL doesn't have that the TB did have that I miss:

Rainsense wipers. These things are awesome.
OnStar. Gave me a sense of security... if I were in an accident and couldn't call, they would.

But I don't miss them enough to even think about going back!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the EXCLUSIVE club of Ridgelineites. May the rubbernecking continue! :p

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Congrats Kellcut! I am sure you will learn to live without some of those things. I kinda wish other auto makers offered Onstar too, I'd definitely get it for the wife...but I guess cell phones will have to do! Enjoy your new truck!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome aboard and best of luck with your RL. You picked the best color!

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family Kellcut and hubby. We're glad you're here.
Congratulations and enjoy the ride!!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new truck.

Is OnStar something that you can get installed or does it have to come from the factory?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zero said:
Welcome and congratulations on your new truck.

Is OnStar something that you can get installed or does it have to come from the factory?
From all I've seen so far, it's factory installed. Although the nuts and bolts (ie gps) is already part of the car. Some other automakers have the use (VW), but it is primarily a GM product.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
clayman said:
Welcome aboard and best of luck with your RL. You picked the best color!
Choices were blue or red. My TrailBlazer was red, and it seemed that people couldn't see the car. Now how do you miss a big red truck? Easy, I guess. had some kid who had his license for about an hour back into the parked TrailBlazer... that was something.

The kids family paid cash to fix it (out of his college fund). They were mad to say the least!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Kellcut said:
Now how do you miss a big red truck?
I ask myself the same question nearly every day... even worse though, how do you miss a big red truck with lots of flashing lights a and a loud siren? Yet they do it every day. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SSquire said:
I ask myself the same question nearly every day... even worse though, how do you miss a big red truck with lots of flashing lights a and a loud siren? Yet they do it every day. :rolleyes:

True, that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I wanted Blue Steel, but saw the Red and changed my mind. I am very fickle. I told dealers that I would take Red/Green or Blue. White, Silver and Black were out of the question. Within a 50 mile radius of my house, only the Red one I bought existed (unless you want to include demo vehicles which I didn't). I tend to get into a shopping mode and don't stop until I complete the purchase, originally I was going to hold till September to buy, but changed my mind pretty quickly. Partially because I could use the added utility over this summer with some projects I am doing.

Anyway congrats on the purchase, you will definitely remain a happy owner for a good while, I still can't get the grin off my face ;).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts