Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am another new owner of a 2006 Ridgeline RTL with the Moon Roof and Navigation. 139500 one owner miles before me, lived it whole life in Southern California. Found on Craigslist for 7600.00, drove home for 7000.00 and I am thrilled. Had been wanting one for years.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Don't know what condition it's in on the inside, or mechanically; but it sounds like you got a steal of a deal. Glad for you. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Congrats on the RL

Enjoy the Ride!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice looking truck! I do like the red too. I agree that it sounds like you got a great deal! You will love it! enjoy!:D

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the ROC! Love that color!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcomes all.

In doing the research on this truck the previous owner had not really done any of the suggested maint. so I had the Timing belt and water pump Service done as well as the Valves adjusted. Took it to the Honda Dealer where it was purchased as I wanted to see what all that they would recommend. While it was there had the front Brake pads replaced and Rotors surfaced. Back Brakes were good. Passed on the Michelin Tires and put on a set of the Trailmaster tires from America's Tires (Kuhmo Branded), I like the look and the ride is nice, low noise, very happy so far.

Ordered a full set of KYB Struts and they came in Yesterday, will have a local shop put them on for me early next week, should make it ride even better.

Will change all the fluids soon and will probably change the Radiator be cause of the issue reported in these forums, probably not a big issue in the SoCal heat and dryness over the last 10 years but still will feel better with it replaced.

Looking forward to a smooth and uneventful next 100,000 or so miles over the next 5 or so years.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time over the years to submit the information in these forums as it is very helpful in prioritizing the things to address and look for both before, and after a purchase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First off Im in shock of what you paid for your RL. Im in the market for one and found a 06 RTL with 114k and Im getting ready to pay 13k. They go from 14-16k at the dealers here in the Denver area. Maybe I need to take a trip to Cali:)
Congrats by the way

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
First off Im in shock of what you paid for your RL. Im in the market for one and found a 06 RTL with 114k and Im getting ready to pay 13k. They go from 14-16k at the dealers here in the Denver area. Maybe I need to take a trip to Cali:)
Congrats by the way
Yeah, well that was a heck of a bargain!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Latest Update: Had the Struts installed, also an axle & boot, and both front control arms instead of the bushings, and a 4 wheel alignment.

I have now done everything that was needed/recommended to be done and have about 3000 miles on it since I purchased it. I am right at $12,000.00 Total after having everything done that was recommended. $12,000 to $14,000 was what most were going for in this Area (SoCal) so I feel good knowing every thing that should be done has already been done.

No issues with the Radiator lines, I would assume because of the Southern California Heat and dryness over the last 10 years.

Getting between 18-19 miles per gallon, about a 20 mile commute to work, with about a 30/70 in Town/Highway split. Using the Trip Meter Mileage divided by Gallons per fill up, resetting each time. Has been real consistent in the 18-19 range.

Very happy to this point, love the Ride, love the Room, Love the Trunk, Love the Truck.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Those Radiator Lines may look good but, I myself had issues with mine with much lower mileage and I know of an '06 RTL with 120k miles which now has a failing radiator, in So Cal. Do it on your schedule before it decides that it needs to be done on it's schedule, 3hrs and maybe $200 if you DIY.

YMMV...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts