Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been checking this site out for 2 weeks now and decided to come out of the closet. Love at first sight it was, an RTL Navi/Moon. Installed the grill, fogs, Retrax (simple enough for one man install), side moulding (easy if you have a good eye). My best mod is the trunk holder (made out of curtain rod, tape, and leftover Retrax seal to soften the ends). I was sick of using the umbrella. The trunk doesn't stay open with the bed mat... Thanks for all the great ideas everyone. This is an incredibly giving site. Ultra Hog... You da man for all those Retrax post. My next install will be the dynolock for the gate due 9/1. I'll take pictures when I do... Again thank you all.
Oh yeah... some PICS...lets try this

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Man! That's a nice looking Ridge. If Red was available when I bought my truck I think I would have bought one. Welcome to ROC Red. Bama

·
Registered
346 Posts
Great Pics, I find it amazing that we keep accepting what's out there when we buy. Red was my third choice after blue and green. Now that red is the first one to be delivered I'm absolutely stoked on RED!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice! Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here. But be careful or else you'll be on here 24/7 (um, not like I'm speaking from experience or anything).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, absolutely great. The red I looked at wasn't nearly this nice...yours seems much brighter. The blues also differ this way, must be the lighting.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Nice looking truck. Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting the pics.

That Retrax looks better and better everytime I see it. It is getting hard to resist it! :D

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here and not in the closet.
:D
She sure is a beauty.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Great color choice! Not that I'm a Sammy Hagar fan, but I keep hearing this... "Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red." Ha.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
ladyridge said:
Welcome to the ROC family. We're glad you're here and not in the closet.
:D
She sure is a beauty.
Notice when it is red, she doesn't post to vote your color ;) *NUDGE ladyridge*

Hey great looking truck, so that is what my truck is supposed to look like, maybe I should wash the poor thing. I like the side steps, I think I may need to get those only so I can reach to roof rack better when putting up the canoe. I am still agonizing over the fog lights and backup camera for Big Red (wife's name for my truck, but if you know what is good for you, you never question these things).

OH and vote for your color in the color my world thread.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on a great looking truck with great choices in accessories! I'm getting close to going for the grill, but after seeing how great the fogs look on Ridges as well as seeing Lingered_I's fog install how-too, both should be done while the bumper is laying on your garage floor!!
Welcome and thanks for the pix. More ammo for the accessory purchases.

·
Registered
12 Posts
great looking truck and nice accessories, the side moldings are looking better and better the more I see them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome my red brother. May our Ridge's pass one day on the road of life.

Or something like that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thank You All,

Sorry I'm responding so late but in response to:

YUKON, Im using ProTecta SkidGard, its floating around in some of these threads. I cut it to fit and used the leftover for the trunk. Its thick and weighs down the trunk lid.

Note on the Retrax seal, I put the trunk seal on top of the trunk lid, this way you can stick it on to whatever thickness you desire (note the bed cover will protect the seal from peeling) for a great seal, besides... the bed is 95% empty anyhow. Another thing, there is a leak in the middle and front of the tracks but not that bad (the bed mat helps). However a simple dab of black silicon and she is water tight.

Red is an awesome color... I must confess that my first pick was black but they didn't have the NAVI... Red with NAVI........ its mine.

Redridgerock, Embo9 thanks for the welcome.

Ladyridge, since they didn't have black with the IVAN, the other choices were Silver or Red... guess which one I'm voting for. :D

JCH... hey if the bumper is down... plan properly, fogs, grill, mesh (Vertykr thread)... might as well.

Again, thanks for the welcome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts