Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I appreciated the thoroughness, going well beyond the usual topics of a YouTube vehicle review. The video of the undercarriage was especially welcome.

It was interesting that he specifically mentioned how strong and "firm" the brakes were -- just the opposite of several complaints we've heard here on ROC.

Could have done without the comradely chit-chat with his mechanic, which was beside the point and just added unnecessary length to an already long, but excellent, review.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
He does that with every review, jacks the vehicle up and shoots the breeze. But this is worth it though, because he goes over suspension components, etc, pointing things out and I usually learn something everytime. This time I learned that the Focus RS and the 2nd Gen RL have similar setups for the awd system. That was pretty cool.

But you can't please everyone. I happen to love his format, all of it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
He does that with every review, jacks the vehicle up and shoots the breeze. But this is worth it though, because he goes over suspension components, etc, pointing things out and I usually learn something everytime. This time I learned that the Focus RS and the 2nd Gen RL have similar setups for the awd system. That was pretty cool.

But you can't please everyone. I happen to love his format, all of it.
I dig these guys as well - really great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with everything the guy said except one thing - he is not the first person who hates the touch screen (consumer report too), I don't understand why seriously. Why do you want radio knobs? That would RUIN the whole touch screen, there are volume controls and other buttons to control the music on the steering wheel for God sake. Unless you have problem with your left hand, that's another story. Come on, it's like you are telling Apple to put some more buttons on the iPhone screen. LOL.... Overall, the touch screen OS is easy to use and I LOVE IT, finger print is a small issues for me, not as bad as he described.

·
Registered
179 Posts
great review. I have a 16 diesel Colorado and now that I have driven this new Ridgeline I want one. It is so comfortable and I am in my truck over 700 miles a week. My truck will be a year old in March and about 36k miles. My wife said she thinks my Colorado is very nice and it is but I love comfort and this truck is a lot better with its seats and ride is better. She may kill me but I may order one in next 10 days and dealer said I should get about March. It would be a RTL E as much as id like the black addition seats with red trim and stuff I do not want black truck. I think the Solver with roof rack would look good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
This review seems to describe MY impression of the G2! ... He comes across as a, well organized, level headed, and fair guy, who tells it like he sees it, ... describing the usefulness, or not, of features that may fall into ones particular "use" category ... :wink:
When describing the G2s ride qualities in comparison to other pickups, he came up with what is, IMHO, the best reviewer line ever: " .... your don't have to wear a "SPORTS BRA'' to drive this ..." :grin: ... not that there's anything wrong with that! ;-D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I appreciated the thoroughness, going well beyond the usual topics of a YouTube vehicle review. The video of the undercarriage was especially welcome.

It was interesting that he specifically mentioned how strong and "firm" the brakes were -- just the opposite of several complaints we've heard here on ROC.

Could have done without the comradely chit-chat with his mechanic, which was beside the point and just added unnecessary length to an already long, but excellent, review.
His quote on the brakes makes me wonder quite a bit. Am I just too used to driving cars and truck brakes are typically like the G2? It's been years since I had a truck for a daily driver. Curious if it's a perception thing.

Speaking of brakes - I haven't had the shimmy/shake on braking in so long now I can't recall when the last time I felt that.:|

·
Registered
970 Posts
I agree with everything the guy said except one thing - he is not the first person who hates the touch screen (consumer report too), I don't understand why seriously. Why do you want radio knobs? That would RUIN the whole touch screen, there are volume controls and other buttons to control the music on the steering wheel for God sake. Unless you have problem with your left hand, that's another story. Come on, it's like you are telling Apple to put some more buttons on the iPhone screen. LOL.... Overall, the touch screen OS is easy to use and I LOVE IT, finger print is a small issues for me, not as bad as he described.
Right On! I have been saying that since the first whining about this started!

·
Registered
970 Posts
A box of wine, hot dogs, and condoms (and I do have to wonder about the effect of icing those down). Wow, a real woman pleaser there. :grin:

Hope that is not the image of a Ridgeline owner. Switch the Franzia for some Keystone and you would have the typical F150 driver!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not urban or Deep South monster truck needer...................not sure if this guy made me want one or never want one. A little too metrosexul for my taste. The touch screen looks idiotic if I just want to turn down the volume on the dang radio. The ground clearance issue really has me pondering. I don't expect that to be addressed by next Fall so I sit and ponder. I got a truck I can't drive up on the curb? Really?!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I totally agree...as I wrote to Motor Trend...

I'm sorry but I'm really getting tired of the putdowns in the press and reviewers about the NO VOLUME KNOB thing. Seriously!? I have 4 Hondas (2 with Knobs and 2 without) one of them with the sacred volume knob is my 2015 Accord Hybrid Touring...but do I ever use it. NO...I NEVER use my knob because I have advanced to not taking my eyes off the road or my hands off the wheel by using the volume controls on the steering wheel.

Now if there was no other way to adjust the volume then I might have an issue...but my 21 year old daughter NEVER misses the Volume Knob on her 2016 Civic EX-L w/Honda Sensing...nor does my other daughter with her 2015 Civic EX-L. So now my wife (that likes simpler things) we got her a 2017 Ridgeline RTS (which has a Volume Knob). Does she use it ever? The answer is NO again...she turns it ON and OFF and I've never seen her use anything but the steering wheel (even when I've asked her too).

So now, I've also noticed on the all-new 2018 CR-V that Honda put in a volume knob (probably to appease the unwarranted press comments). But does it ever look stupid, unbalanced, and out of place on an otherwise nice clean "looking" screen. Almost looks like if Apple started putting floppy drives back into their computers. Eventually we learn or realize that we really didn't use something as much as we thought we did...or learned that there is a better way and wonder what took us so long to realize.

So that is my 2 1/2 cents from this peanut gallery. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
WTF! 7:08 to 7:11. Am I seeing this correctly? The exhaust cooking the oil pan? :surprise:
Yikes! Good catch. I wonder if that little feat of compact engineering will cause any side effects over the long term. Surely the Honda folks already noticed that during design and determined no ill effects... right?

·
Registered
741 Posts
A box of wine, hot dogs, and condoms (and I do have to wonder about the effect of icing those down). Wow, a real woman pleaser there. :grin:

Hope that is not the image of a Ridgeline owner. Switch the Franzia for some Keystone and you would have the typical F150 driver!
LMAO! You beat me to the same comment!!!

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,410 Posts
He remarked about the rear doors not opening wide enough. Are they the same opening distance as the G1?? My wife is starting to admire the Black Edition.

·
Registered
928 Posts

When describing the G2s ride qualities in comparison to other pickups, he came up with what is, IMHO, the best reviewer line ever: " .... your don't have to wear a "SPORTS BRA'' to drive this ..." :grin: ... not that there's anything wrong with that!
I can totally relate. We have a lot of slip form expansion joint concrete freeways in Washington and when I'm in my F350 it will most definitely jiggle the moobs around and I'm not real fat by any means.

I get none of that in the Ridgeline.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts