Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I am now a RL owner. I was all set to purchase a Frontier but wound up getting the runaround from too many Nissan dealerships. I finally found a dealership that I liked but by then I was closer to purchasing the Ridge. Glad I went Honda, I love this truck. I still think it is a bit ugly but it is growing one me. It is just so damned practical. The trunk, the tailgate, the interior space, the all wheel drive, the gas mileage.

I drove a 97 Nissan pick-up but needed a bigger truck. My wife is due in 2 weeks with our second and I couldn't fit another car seat in my Nissan. So, I got a Blue RTL (no moonroof or NAV) for $29 and change out the door. Not bad considering all the other dealerships were still quoting just under MSRP.

This is my first brand new vehicle (178 miles so far) and I can't find a thing I don't like about it other than the ugly factor (again, it's growing on me!).

The only things I would like to add are the fog lights and maybe the roof rack and tonneau cover. But, that will have to wait until next year.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
WELCOME, another BLUE, yippee!

I know what you mean about the ugly factor at first. I still don't like the front, but I love the rest of it. We both may have to duck for making such comments. You'll see, people on this forum love their trucks!

This is an exciting time of life for you. New truck, baby on the way. . .

Be sure to swing by Greetings and Introductions:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

·
Registered
275 Posts
CONGRATS Craig on your decision to go with the Ridge and also your purchase!! I'm sure you'll be thrilled every time you drive your truck, as I am. As Truckin' suggested, I would recommend going to the greetings link. You will find tons of very informative text on this site along with an extremely knowledgeable and helpful community.

Truckin', if you have issues with the look of the front why not get a <a href="http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2395" target="_blank">Facelift!</a>

L

·
0 Posts
Congratulations Craig and welcome to the ROC family.
We're glad you're here and we hope you keep coming back.
Good luck with the new one and good wishes to your wife.
Let us know when the stork makes his delivery!!
Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think it is amusing when people talk about the truck being ugly, I thought it was cool looking the first time I saw it but I didn't really have any preconceptions of what a truck should look like having never owned one myself. The one or two trucks we have had in the family were things I only drove in once or twice and were uncomfortable and bouncy. To me it was all about feature set. I loved the features in the Ridgeline the first time I tried it. I was perfectly happy with the way it looked. I think that Honda probably will find that its biggest audience for this truck will be people who haven't owned a truck before but are looking for a little more utility than they can get from a basic SUV. There isn't anything externally I am even considering changing the look of. Although I may add things like foglights and side body protectors. This is more for added safety as I drive in an area that gets foggy often, and to protect the owners of other cars who may tap my truck because I usually will find who hit my car.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm not sure I would use the word "ugly", lets say it's unique looking. That kind of makes it stand out. Anyway, enjoy your new truck and the best to you and your family.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hmmmm I never once thought the RL was ugly. :confused: Honda put thier best perfomance in the red RL :p but the others are still not ugly. I realize you can have an opinion about anything but for $30k plus I would have to love this truck before I would buy it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought it was hideous when I first saw it (maybe we should start a poll? :)) but I thought, hey, it's a Honda, so it's gotta be good!

Mind you, when I first saw the Insight, I went off on how ugly I thought it was -- like, OMG, what was Honda thinking?? That thing is horrible! How can anyone love something so ugly? It's just stupid! Look at those stupid skirts over the back wheels! C'mon, people! It's freakin' horrible!

And now I own both of these cars, and I love them to death, and I don't think they're ugly at all anymore. So what does that say about me? :confused:

I just hope the Pontiac Aztec never grows on me... that one really comes in first place, in my book of "ugliest cars on the planet"...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
OMG, the site has been contaminated! Aztek pictures.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Webwader said:
OMG, the site has been contaminated! Aztek pictures.
Run before they infect other messages and parts of the forum. Utility not withstanding the Aztek is the ugliest car on the planet in my opinion, I am sure someone is going to find me an even uglier vehicle but that thing is just wrong.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
captmiddy said:
Run before they infect other messages and parts of the forum. Utility not withstanding the Aztek is the ugliest car on the planet in my opinion, I am sure someone is going to find me an even uglier vehicle but that thing is just wrong.
Careful now....... you are going to upset both of the members of the Aztek Owners Club.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Careful now....... you are going to upset both of the members of the Aztek Owners Club.
Aztek owners can read? :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They can't spell!!! :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
shovelhd said:
They can't spell!!! :D
Very nice! :D You people are cracking me up. Look what I've started! :eek:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have blue also......congrats.........I still think its ugly but I've always been a practical guy when it comes to vehicles looks......Don't care what it looks like but it HAS to perform and take mega abuse......ie, owned lots of Honda's. Ever time I have tried something else just for a change, it never works out and always makes me appreciate Honda more.

Congrats on the truck.........they are a bit ugly I have to agree...LOL

Best angle is from behind IMO, they look prett tough

Nissian vehicles seem to last pretty well also, I've never owned one.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting ! When I first looked at the Ridge, I knew for a fact that one of the Honda designers reported for work with a bad flu-like symtoms on the go-ahead approval day for production. However, there is a mistery factor with the Ridge. I drive one now, I love it ! and at times I catch myself with a stupid smile on my face while driving it.
Congratulations on the arrival of a new family member, these are happy days ! Ridge owners are special people, you will soon discover that for yourself.
RLonfire

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome. I will definately post over at the greetings section. Yes, it is an exciting time. My wife is having a scheduled c-section so the big day is set for Nov 10th, unless she goes before then.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Pontiac Aztek . . . My eyes!!:eek:

Welcome to the boards.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Craig said:
Thanks for the welcome. I will definately post over at the greetings section. Yes, it is an exciting time. My wife is having a scheduled c-section so the big day is set for Nov 10th, unless she goes before then.
Wow, new truck and new family member. Best wishes to you and your new family and rest easy knowing you'll be driving them both home in one of the safest truck on the market. Welcome to the best RL site on the web. ( Your new online family) ROC on.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts