Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Yall, New to the site. Has anyone installed a Alpine Sbr-s8-4 under the rear seat. I have been looking at doing this Add-on for a while but not sure if it fits under the seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
This sub will fit just fine flat resting against the plastic trim that holds the rear seat bench's legs.

There might be a gap due to the shape of the carpet or curved rear area.

I had the older version of this sub, I still have it, I took out a while back, I may try it in front of the front passenger, it is a great sounding small sub.

The way I had mine was using a 20" 3/4" thick, 12"Wide piece of wood, just resting on the top of the plastic panel and the carpet, there was a gap under that can be used to store small items, like tools towels etc.

The box was just sitting on the top of the wood, the 2 bench legs held both the wood and box tight against the carpet, the sub never moved anywhere, and I do not drive slow all the time, in case of a crash the legs will hold it and it will not go anywhere.

With that false floor, it can be attached securely in many different ways just to be sure. Either drilling a few holes, on the piece of wood, screwing some rings on both, zip ties or use small L brackets.

Either way, it does fit, if you do not mind the spring loaded push connectors, it can be removed quickly if needed.

I would like to see how some have attached non custom sub boxes under the rear seat if anything, in a front fast crash a rear passenger's could get injured.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would like to see how some have attached non custom sub boxes under the rear seat if anything, in a front fast crash a rear passenger's could get injured.
Hrm. My L7 QB8 is pretty tight. Between the seat and the tray thing it hasn't moved at all. I didn't use the install bracket because that would likely have added just enough height to prevent the seat from going down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts