Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not really sure this is an "issue" but it was a bit worrisome initially. All seems well but I thought I'd post and see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Scenario: Parked in my buddy's fairly steep driveway, front of vehicle higher than rear, probably a 15 to 20 degree incline. Parking brake engaged, transmission in park (Captain Obvious again) while we loaded some gear.

Jump in the truck, crank her up and pop the parking brake while just about simultaneously dropping gear selector into R. This is when I notice the VSA Activation Indicator Light come on (see image) and it stayed on for the entire 2 mile drive to our fishing pond.

I think I simply "confused" the sensors or something when I engaged reverse and popped the Parking brake so close together, but it seemed strange the indicator never went off. Once truck was restarted after fishing (sadly, no CATCHING) no warning lights or other indications.

Something to ponder on fellow ROC'ers. Roll On...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Yeah that is weird.

Personally I'd be more worried about not catching any fish! Pretend like it didn't happen, if it happens again, then get her looked at.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that is weird.

Personally I'd be more worried about not catching any fish! Pretend like it didn't happen, if it happens again, then get her looked at.
You still talking about my Ridgeline jeb, or my fishing!

·
Registered
2011 RTL w/Nav
307 Posts
Not catching fish is a serious matter and should not be taken lightly. Next time pay close attention to how you hold your mouth. And good luck.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
You still talking about my Ridgeline jeb, or my fishing!
Hahaa.. Your Ridgeline. The upside to not catching any fish is it's good excuse to go fishing again!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
How old is your battery?

When they old, they sometimes drop flakes of lead off the plates, and those build up inside on the bottom of the case. Parking at a 20-30 degree incline may have allowed them to slide to the back, and build up high enough to short across some of the plates.

Chip H.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts