Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I was on my way to Michigan for a bachelor party a few hours ago. About 20 miles from our destination, the plastic cap of my roof antenna flew off. Being that the truck is 9 years old, the plastic just let loose. I was going 75mph at the time, so I'm sure that didn't help. So, I'm now going to have to find a new one to fit an 07 nimbus grey RTL. Anyone know if one is available anywhere other than the dealer? If it's black and unpainted, I'm fine with that. Just need to find one. I know the install is going to suck because the headliner needs to come down, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
The cover doesn't look like it is a separate part....

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=RIDGELINE&catcgry2=2007&catcgry3=4DR+RTL+(SUNROOF/NAVI)&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=RADIO+ANTENNA+-+SPEAKER

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-OEM-08A15-0J1-100-Antenna-XM-Satellite-Radio-Antenna-/191565451340?fits=Model:Ridgeline&hash=item2c9a30d04c&vxp=mtr

I dropped the back of my headliner last week without removing the c pillars. Pull it down and it clips back up. You could put some sticky velcro up there if needed. I think the Oddysey uses the same part, not sure about the Pilot.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton, brother. I figured with the way honda and other makes do things that it was all one part. Nonetheless, $56 isn't terrible. Should I be worried about water infiltration on the remaining part of the antenna? I'm out of town and really have no way to cover it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I've just now gotten around to dealing with this. I've seen that the installation is rather straight forward and the entire headliner doesn't have to be taken down to get to it. I've seen that Majestic is about $72 with shipping and handling and some other online sources can get it to me for $68. I think I'm going to run by my local dealer and see if they'll price match. I think I'd feel better if I knew this part was coming from a Honda source. The dumbest thing is that the antenna still works, but I don't use XM radio at all. The roof just looks terrible with the exposed electronics.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
So I've just now gotten around to dealing with this. I've seen that the installation is rather straight forward and the entire headliner doesn't have to be taken down to get to it.
Not sure about the '07 RL, but in the '14 the headliner just unclips at the back. Open the rear sliding window and you can access the antenna while standing in the bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great picture! Thanks! Do I not need to remove any of the side trim pieces to do this? I haven't really looked at it yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts