Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My antenna cover (fin) just flew off my 2009 Ridgeline the other day. Has this happened to anyone else and where is the best place to find a replacement part? Also, do I need to worry about water leaking in? Thanks

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
2009 Ridgeline did not have a fin antenna. The XM antenna was a squarish shape one and 08A15-0J1-100 is the part number. It came in vehicles such as the Ridgeline, Pilot, Odyssey, Insight, CRZ, Civic and the Acura ILX. Search for the part number and you will get a bunch of results.

Did you have an aftermarket antenna?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No, I guess I assumed it was fin shaped.. now that you mention it that seems right... thanks for the reply!!! Do you know if water will leak in without a cover?

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
It should not leak, however, I am not sure how the electronics under the cover look like. Getting a replacement one, might be easier to locating the cover itself.

BTW, the part number I listed applies to only certain trims. Use your exact trim and year to get the correct antenna as the prices range from $33 to $60.

Registered
My antenna cover (fin) just flew off my 2009 Ridgeline the other day. Has this happened to anyone else and where is the best place to find a replacement part? Also, do I need to worry about water leaking in? Thanks
Yes my 2007 cover flew off after leaving the dealership for the airbag recall. They had run my truck thru there car wash and I think loosened it.
I checked with dealer, cover not sold separately, have to buy antenna assy color keyed to you truck from the dealer parts if it is still Available color keyed to your truck If it is not you would have to have the cover painted to match.
Mine has been off for a year and hasn鈥檛 leaked. The base you see on the roof is what is sealed. The antenna assumes including cover was over $89.00 I believe.

Registered
I'm replacing the AM/FM part of my fin with a regular fender mount old school antenna. The fin is a poor antenna and I don't use the sat portion. Once I get the new antenna mounted I'll remove the fin and put a rubber plug in to seal it like they do on old police cars. Don't plan on selling it anyway.

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
I'm replacing the AM/FM part of my fin with a regular fender mount old school antenna. The fin is a poor antenna and I don't use the sat portion. Once I get the new antenna mounted I'll remove the fin and put a rubber plug in to seal it like they do on old police cars. Don't plan on selling it anyway.
If the antenna on the roof is not broken, then let it be the way it is. If you really want to ensure the cap does not fly away, take the cap apart, put some epoxy and bond that thing shut forever. Once you remove it from the roof and put something in place, the risk of leak may go up.

Registered
I should have clarified, I'll fender mount a regular old-school antenna and connect it to the radio and just leave the fin alone. The stock head unit is not the best and with over 200K miles I don't plan on putting a new radio in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts