Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
There's never been a better time to sell than today.
Yeah, it's locating and buying the replacement that's not so great. I know what I'm getting in 2024, so I really need to buy some time. I don't thing cutting this RL loose and picking up something else is really worth the hassle. But, I'll do a little internet searching tonight... ;)

·
Registered
2017 RTL-T FWD
2,700 Posts
I wasn't aware costing-to-a-stop trans down-shifting was related to VCM. Is it?!

I've owned my 2017 RTLE since new, and have been firmly in the non-disabled VCM camp. I can feel the VCM, but it's subtle, and I never thought I should bother to do anything. Well, now that I'm dealing with torque converter issues at 83k miles, my perspective has changed. I really enjoy this vehicle, but shame on Honda for delivering a turd that will never make my 300k mile target. I no longer plan to keep it long-term and will simply continue routine/preventative maintenance, add the S-VCM to make it as enjoyable as possible for another ~30k miles, then replace it. If the car market wasn't what it is, I'd just sell it today...
I wasn’t aware either about downshifting and VCM………until I read about here and over at the Piloteers forum. All I know is the excessive (to me) engine braking/abrupt downshifting virtually disappeared immediately after installing the VCMTuner II. I can kill the disabler right now by connecting the green wire, but if I do, the downshifting/engine braking will return when coasting to a stop by the time I reach the end of the block.

Most peeps were looking for another vehicle when they bought their Rigi…..doubt that car buying habit, for most, will change.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Quick web research turned-up $24k offers for my RL. Add to that the cost of replacing the TC and I'm in a price-range where I can't find what I want on a dealer's lot. With much regret, I think I'll just replace the TC, depending on that work's warranty details. And add S-VCM if I keep it...

241 - 245 of 245 Posts