Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be nice, but there seems to be only 5 or so of us activly posting here, and spotting a Ridgeline in the state seems few and far between.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll be driving through Kansas returning home to SoCal from Deleware next week. Honk if you spot me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
John32070 said:
Would be nice, but there seems to be only 5 or so of us activly posting here, and spotting a Ridgeline in the state seems few and far between.
I was just talking to my wife about this yesterday.. I would be interested in meeting up in the spring. I've got three other RL's in my town of 10,000; black, white, nimbus. Any of the kansas members from SW KS?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
We're game. Spring would be nice. We could combine it with some Geocaching. :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Jhawker23 said:
What is geocaching?
Geocaching is basically a game of hide and seek played with handheld GPS units. Fun for the whole family. See this link to the official site:
http://www.geocaching.com/
I am involved with an organization that promotes surveying thru geocaching and I participate from time to time as family excursions into new areas. As a side bar, a deviation of the game is Benchmark Hunting. This is something I do "on the job" anyway.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know about the Geocaching thing. I don't have any GPS stuff though been considering a mapping deal of some kind (me and the fiance' got lost to and from Branson back in Dec LOL), but I'd be up for something late March before farm stuff starts getting into action here. Any ideas? I'm close to Salina but I can travel a bit if something can be thought up.

·
Registered
580 Posts
4 hours from KC.

BTW, I'd be open to a get together.......but i for sure wouldn't want to drive to St. Louis.

I live in KC MO.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Considering there aren't any Honda dealers in KS west of Hutchinson, doing something in the mid-eastern part of the state shouldn't be a problem. There's a few places around Salina I can think of like Rolling Hills Wildlife and we could all take a drive up to the top of Coronado Heights near Lindsborg (we might get dusty though). Some of those areas Geotech took pics of his truck in look quite nice as well.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
John32070 said:
Considering there aren't any Honda dealers in KS west of Hutchinson, doing something in the mid-eastern part of the state shouldn't be a problem. There's a few places around Salina I can think of like Rolling Hills Wildlife and we could all take a drive up to the top of Coronado Heights near Lindsborg (we might get dusty though). Some of those areas Geotech took pics of his truck in look quite nice as well.
The Flint Hills, such as Tall Grass Prairie Park in Chase Co., is nice spot. A walking trail is at the site and another is nearby. Council Grove is just to the north with some historical locations.
The Maxwell Game Preserve in North Central KS is another nice area, although buffalo aren't that uncommon anymore.
Coronodo Heights is a neat site too. (I saw my first cougar just south of there in 1974 on the N-S County Road).
In SE Nebraska is Fairbury, perhaps the most beautiful public park I have ever seen. There are events there in the spring so maybe we could time one to coincide.
Near White Cloud in NE KS/SE NE is the Cast Iron Monument which is the beginnig of all land surveys in KS/NE It is very historical and quite unique.
I'm in the Emporia area. We are located on the KTA & I-35 & US 50. Emporia has several nice settings for a meet.
We do like to travel some, so I'm not necessarily promoting that! :)
If we can work it into our schedules, we would like to partake in a meet.

These are just a few location ideas to get the ball rolling!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
John32070 said:
There's a honda dealer about as far west as you can go... Garden City. Western Honda, it's where I bought mine about 3 months ago. Actually THE BEST experience and service I have ever had. No haggling, his price was a small amount lower than I could get from any of the dealers in K.C. or Denver.

Anyway, Honda is represented in the west.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a house at Wilson Lake, so I'm certainly partial to that area. Not much to really explore however. :D

Rolling hills is actually a very pleasant surprise in this area of the midwest.

I'm a big fan of the flint hills area outside of Manhattan. There are some great drives in that area. That would probably be my first choice.

And of course Lawrence... :cool:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Here's a link to a map of KS from KDOT from my website:
http://geotechinc.net/kshwy05.pdf

Great drives include K-177 (Prairie Parkway) from I-70 (south of Manhattan) to Matfield Green. Tallgrass Prairie National Park is just north of Strong City on K-177.

Look around for your favorite drives! Nominate an area today!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's news to me that there is a Honda dealer out west, but that's cool.

I think the drive through the Flint Hills and such would be great to do. But if we do that and things like Rolling Hills, Coronado Heights, and the like in this area, that's pretty much a two day event. Would that be something to do or would just one day doing one or the other be preferred? There's stuff in between the two as well, like stuff in Abilene and the Kansas Racing museum in Chapman.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am in OP KS and just caught this thread. I would be up for a meet and explore...maybe end up at the Freestate brewery in Lawrence? Love to do a flint hills drive....bring along my dirt bike if others are game and we could find a friendly area to do some exploring. Please PM me as we get closer to warm weather and a possible meet.

I may also consider the St.Louis meet. I have family and a buddy in St.L...would make a fun weekend. Also meeting up with part of the St. L friends at Bennett Springs in April for some trout fishing. There are a lot of great drives in that area and some good fishing as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts