Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any fly fisherpeople out there that use their Ridge for hauling the float tube or pontoon boat? Do you keep your wet waders in the trunk? Do you use the cargo net to hold the tube in?

Russ in Alaska

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have fly fishing gear but due to situations beyond my control, I missed the annual fishing trip this year. Generally I fish from a canoe so I don't generally cart my waders with me (not even sure if they would fit). That was the one cool thing about the Subaru, there was an opening in the floor of the back of the vehicle that was just right for a pole and a small box of flies. I would likely keep all this stuff in the trunk if I were going fishing though, except the canoe of course ;).

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am not a fly fisherman, I always admire them and would like to get in to it .but the funds I have already invested in my regular fishing tackle, boat,equipment, if I even breath a word about getting in to another hobby/type of fishing and buying more stuff for that.......well.... lets just say I can't afford a divorce:)
But I stream fish with my spinning reel and noodle rod and use my trunk for my waders and boots, sometimes throw a trout in there coming back home, love the trunk,isolated from the cab and just hose it down to clean:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did someone say flyfishing?? :D :D You have some great fishing there in Alaska, Yooper. Here is a photo of me and our boat captain out of Homer, and one of me fishing in NZ on the north island.

I haven't been fishing since I got my Ridge :( so I haven't tried putting the float tube in the bed, but I am sure it will fit. I will probably just lash it in with some bungies or cord. I was also thinking of rigging up a "clothesline" across the upper tie downs nearest the cab to loop my wet waders and boots through, so they can air dry on the way home. I don't think I will store them wet in the trunk as I am not very fond of mildew on the expensive gear. But when they are dry, the trunk would be a great storage spot.

Stinger - Whatever you gotta do to get out there, is ok by me! You will invariably catch more fish with a spinning rod anyways...at least I do. You should definitely try flyfishing though...it is addictive!

Cheers,
TS

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't have a toon but I will tow my Boston Whaler with my Ridge and the trunk will definitely see wet waders! :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I've been waiting to see you jump in on this thread fishnbanjo. Where ya been?

I've never learned to fly fish. I don't know that I need another addiction. The ROC is hard enough to contain.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I'm not a fly fisherman, but I do a lot of fishing. I spent 86 days on the water last year, down from the previous year due to lousy fall weather. I am a warmwater fisherman, but I occasionally fish for trout. I have a 7 1/2 ft. jon boat that fits nicely in the bed. The trunk holds my electric motor, battery, depth finder and other gear. It was one of the reasons I bought the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
237 Posts
LOL, PC problems, school vacation, the holidays, installing fog lights, buying an amp and new speakers for the Ridge and running my Weimeraner, actully he running me! :rolleyes: Busy....busy....busy :D

Truckin' said:
I've been waiting to see you jump in on this thread fishnbanjo. Where ya been?

I've never learned to fly fish. I don't know that I need another addiction. The ROC is hard enough to contain.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I have been told that I can't have anymore "toys" (too much hunting stuff), and I am into the year 2074 for birthday and xmas presents.:(

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yup, I enjoy Flyfishen. Put the waders in the trunk. Don't have a "toon". Flys can be tossed anywhere and catch anything, fresh, salt, or brackish, fast water, slow water, and still water. Kinda like one of my other many loves, Zen Archery.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Fishing is in my blood, but I prefer the teethy critters that dont do well with fly fishing leader.Looking forward to making my own Ridgeline commercial with mako and bluefin in the truck later this year. Peter

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yooper, Of course we flyfishers are here. I was down at the local fly-shop the other day (because that is what you do in winter) and the guys all agreed that it would look much better with a Clackacraft drift boat behind it. Actually I have the tonneau cover and throw my wet gear in the bed under the cover. The trunk stays dry and I like to keep it that way, so no wet gear goes in there. When the weather is right I am going to try strapping my float tube on top of the cover with a spider web style tie down. I haven't figured out how I am going to carry the canoe yet.
Tight lines and wet waders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts