Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering if anyone out there had a good experience or got a great deal on an RTL anywhere in Utah or Idaho? Also what is Invoice on the RTL w/o Navi? Also, if you have info., what dealer did you deal with?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You probably will find that KBB or some other online auto site will give you the information you want for invoice better than us. $31,673.68 is what KBB shows for RTL with Navi/SR, $29,876.41 for RTL with SR no Nav and $28,842.98 for RTL. You can find it at www.kbb.com, there are several other sites like Vehix and the like that will also give you Invoice, and some even have information about dealer holdback which was posted on here at some point at around $1000.

Not near where you are so I don't have any info on good pricing in your area.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.! Have been on KBB many times, but never noticed the invoice pricing info before...

Anyone else out there have any information on UT/ID?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was just in Salt Lake earlier this week and I heard an add for a dealership that is giving "Employee Purchase Price" on all Honda cars and trucks (including the RL). Sorry I didn't get the name.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought my RTL from Willey Honda in Bountiful, UT for $1,000 over invoice about 1 month ago. I had a couple of other Salt Lake dealers offer similar prices. Based on other posting I think you can probably get about $500 over invoice if you contact several dealers and are patient.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I would put this back at the top of the list to see if I could get some hits. Have been following the board for sometime now and am finally ready to pull the trigger. Most of the deals mendtioned here are on east or west coast. Anyone had any good buying experience at or below invoice in Utah or Idaho?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Hi, tbrigh01. I meant to answer this before but my life has been very busy the last couple of weeks and it slipped through the cracks.

We bought early before any deals were being offered, so we bought at invoice. We've had an excellent relationship with Ken Garff in Riverdale (next to Ogden) since becoming one of their customers. I've always avoided dealerships but the service and friendliness there has turned me around.

We also shopped at Willey's in Bountiful (next to SLC). We found the salesperson we talked with very knowledgeable and likeable. We were torn after talking to him because we liked the KG salesperson a lot too (she's since moved on to other things). We tipped toward KG for a few reasons but the one that weighed the most was their Back U Up program. This is very much like Triple A where they will come to our rescue, even mine if I'm in my Jeep, should we be locked out or otherwise broke down along the Wasatch Front. Willey's had nothing of the sort. You don't say where you live so that may or may not be a factor.

We also live just a couple of miles away from KG, so we knew we'd be using the service department there and thought it would be to our advantage to purchase from them. One would hope that doesn't affect how they treat their customers but we wanted the edge if it does.

There was one issue at Willey's that I thought was a bit slight of hand to push a cost off on us. It was a $500 document fee. When I questioned it, the salesperson got evasive. Other than that he was no pressure and pleasant. We still had a doc fee at KG but I think it was $300. Cheaper, but way too much in either case. There was one thing I didn't catch in time to try to prevent getting dinged on at KG and that was the window etching.

All in all, since this was a first time buying experience for me, I thought we came out fine. I was armed with a lot of information from the ROC that gave me confidence to recognize and turn down all the add ons they try to get you to agree to when you sign your contract.

If you want anymore information about my experiences just let me know.

I'd also like to know where you are and if you're interested in attending our ROC meet we'll be having in Utah when the mountains clear of snow a bit more. :D

Oh, I just noticed it says you're in Boise. That's plenty close to attend our meet (we went clear to Sedona, after all) but will rule out the Back U Up program from mattering to you. I still recommend the dealer if you can't find a suitable deal in Idaho. They've been keeping a good selection on the lot lately. They usually have every color and they're starting to have some NAV units around too. We had to order ours and wait a month.

If you decide to check out Ken Garff, let us know and we'll come over and meet you. They also have an incentive for us if someone buys from them based on our recommendation. That is NOT why I'm saying good things about them. I'll tell you the good and the bad, but there's not much bad to tell and you could learn from the mistake I made on the signing day.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Right now you should be able to buy any new Ridgeline for $1000 under invoice, and the dealer should be happy to get it. The 2007's are just around the corner and Honda traditionally doesn't help dealers on previous year models like GM, Ford, and Chrysler do. This means the dealer does not want to get stuck with a 2006.

Never, never, never pay a DOC fee. If the dealer even mentions it I would turn around and walk out. Other common ripoffs include VIN etching, paint sealant, and fabrick protection. All are "packs" and all are worthless.

Some states do have taxes and fees that you must pay at time of purchase. These are not normally in the negotiated price, and are not in the same catagory as a DOC fee.

I have no idea on 2007 pricing, but I was given a hint a few months ago that the 2007's will probably be at the same price as the 2006 models, but Honda is going to include a few minor extras for the same price. There is a new trim level in the lineup, but nothing earth shattering.

If I was a dealer I'd do everything possible to get them out before 2007's started rolling in.

-Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts