Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been searching around the forums, couldn't find any good USB port mods.

I would like to extend the USB from the rear of my new radio to a USB port somewhere accessible. I could just drill a hole somewhere and run the extension cable, but I would like something "clean & professional looking"

Post up some USB mods with DIY instructions if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I drilled a hole and ran the extension cable into the console. Made the hole about 1.5" up from the bottom, in case I ever spilled a drink in there.

Chip H.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Here is what you need. Don't use the triangular mounting thing, just use the appropriate size hole saw for the USB end of the cable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what you need. Don't use the triangular mounting thing, just use the appropriate size hole saw for the USB end of the cable.
Awesome! I'm looking for something like that, but the item you linked is pricey, after a quick search I one for half the price. Probably going to order this soon after reviewing my options. Thanks!

Anyone got any more ideas?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Awesome! I'm looking for something like that, but the item you linked is pricey, after a quick search I one for half the price. Probably going to order this soon after reviewing my options. Thanks!

Anyone got any more ideas?
Please post a link for the one you found so future readers can benefit from your research

·
Registered
478 Posts
I just installed a new Pioneer MVH-X560BT, HU and ran the USB and AUX cable into the lower cubby (next to the 4 way flasher switch) through a hole I drilled into the top corner. This way the Ipod stays connected and out of sight at the same time.
Excellent HU by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts