Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,721 Posts
Definitely interested, depending on timing maybe able to mix a visit to our contractor in Heartselle and or Family in Hoover. Depending on who’s going maybe I can fly into an airport and someone could snag me. I can’t stand the idea of showing up in some non Ridgeline rental.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
8,089 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: stevem5215

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've had a few people ask privately about this recently and thought I'd gather some public feedback to gauge interest.

Back in 2010, one of our members worked with Honda to set up a "VIP" tour of Honda Manufacturing of Alabama where the Ridgeline is made.

The VIP tour was more extensive than regular public tours. We got to see areas of the plant that are normally off-limits and participate in a question and feedback forum with the vice president of HMA.

Here's the thread from the 2010 VIP Plant Tour and Meet:

Sign me up. As I only live about 3 hours from the plant, would be a great experience

·
Registered
12 Posts
Zroger73,

That would be AWESOME !!! I've driven past the plant several times, and, as a retired civil engineer (building highways and such), I've always wanted to see the workings in a facility like that.

Plus, I love my 2020 Ridgeline !

Count me and the Wife (a CR-V driver !) in...may have a few Family and friends interested, as well. Of course, it all depends on any conflicts, once the date is set...

Thanks for looking in to this, and let us know !!!

Bookmobile

I've had a few people ask privately about this recently and thought I'd gather some public feedback to gauge interest.

Back in 2010, one of our members worked with Honda to set up a "VIP" tour of Honda Manufacturing of Alabama where the Ridgeline is made.

The VIP tour was more extensive than regular public tours. We got to see areas of the plant that are normally off-limits and participate in a question and feedback forum with the vice president of HMA.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I am definitely interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Yes, I'm interested.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I love plant tours. I've done the tour of the Nissan plant where they build various vehicles. Back when I toured it they were building trucks and Altimas. The Corvette plant is about an hour and a half away and I've always wanted to tour it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I love plant tours. I've done the tour of the Nissan plant where they build various vehicles. Back when I toured it they were building trucks and Altimas. The Corvette plant is about an hour and a half away and I've always wanted to tour it.
My wife lived in Nashville for a year and a half in graduate school. I was there many times, but never made it to Smyrna to check out Nissan. I actually ended up with a Frontier that was made in that plant years later. I have been to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, but never the factory across the street. The two times I have been to the museum were weekends when the factory was closed. I would love to do that one as well.

·
Registered
2021 Sport • Radiant Red Metallic II
88 Posts
My wife lived in Nashville for a year and a half in graduate school. I was there many times, but never made it to Smyrna to check out Nissan. I actually ended up with a Frontier that was made in that plant years later. I have been to the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, but never the factory across the street. The two times I have been to the museum were weekends when the factory was closed. I would love to do that one as well.
You will enjoy the Corvette factory tour. I've done it several times and always learned something new. Definitely worth a visit.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts