Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has heard of any new bed covers. I would like one but haven't seen anything that's calling my name yet. I've looked over the comparison chart and so far the Retrax meets my needs the best since it requires no drilling but I saw other designs that I like better.

I really like the look of the BakFlip from Bak Industries. I e-mailed them but haven't gotten a response yet. I also saw a Fold-a-Cover that looks interesting.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would answer my own question. I asked a local shop what they had for covers for the Ridgeline and they came back with the Access cover and another cover from a company called Advantage. I went to the Advantage website and found this document:

http://www.advantagetruckaccessories.com/images/1495Adv%20Hon%20Ridg%20P_w_o_jobber.pdf

I'm going to find out more information on the different models and see if any are a hard tonneau cover. I like the idea of it being more than 2 panels.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep that thread has much more info. I've been part of it. This one I started never took off.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just got an email (which I'd subscribed for) from BAKFlip today. I'm sure others have too, but here's their link;
www.BAKFlipTonneauCover.com
You'll need to clicl "buy now" to see the price.
Looks pretty good to me, but not cheap at $699. Shipping is free.
I like it better at first glance that the Retrax, mostly because it comes off very easily. And they claim no leaks.
Are they (Bakflip) a sponsor?
I'm interested in other's opinions.
exA4

·
Registered
205 Posts
Contact truckgadgets.com, and ask for julian.
They distribute the cover, and I'll bet they give you a better price than $699.

Vinnie:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a new member, just purchasing my Ridgeline on Friday. I have been researching the tonneau covers and am thinking of buying the Torza Hard Hat Premier. I had a Tundra with a Fold-A-Cover and found it very useful but not real attractive and after five years the vinyl on the hinges deterioated and the unit was leaking much more than it did when it was new, but at no point was it even real water-resistant let alone water-proof. Any current feedback on the Torza line, especially the hard hat premier?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey, bub! Owners only, got it?
;)
Kidding. Welcome to the club. You're getting a big improvement IMO.
A friend at work bought the Torza cover because he thpught it looked "cooler" than the folder or the rollup. Boy, is he pissed. He's trying to off it so his (I told you so) wife will let him buy the Backflip. He hates getting stuff in and out of his pickup. He hates that he has to remove it to carry anything, then often has to go back and get the cover because it won't fit with the load.
So, consider carefully. I'll repair or replace my Backflip if it becomes unusable.
Describe your new baby. What did they talk you into? Right now I kinda wish I'd had them include the hitch. Oh well.
Enjoy the ride. :cool:
exA4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just looked at the Extang Trifecta soft tonneau and seems to be built strong and easy to install. $425 at Rayside Truck & Trailer, $44 installation fee, and $125 bed lock fee. Anyone know about this tonneau??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,576 Posts
I dunno. I think all the covers out there are too....boring. I wonder how much Ron would charge to carve a bed custom, full sized bed cover with the ROC logo on it out of plate aluminum. :D. Get ready Ron....I got my lottery ticket and big plans for the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts