Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Doing some research here. (hope its cool)
I've wanted a pickup for a while now and I'm starting the research process on Mid-size Pickups.
Blows my mind that Toyota is still outfitting Tacoma's with drum brakes!!!!! But people still buy them.
I may do occasional "LIGHT" off roading which I'm sure the Ridgeline is capable of. (If I get one it will be Black Edition)
At this point I am torn between the Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 & the Black Edition Ridgeline.........

All feedback is deeply appreciated.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm a lifelong 'Ford Guy' now happily driving a RL after shopping the new Ranger. Among the many things that 'tipped the scale' for me ...
  • Ride quality
  • Ability to carry 4'-wide sheet-goods flat in the bed
  • Ride quality
  • Sense of interior spaciousness
  • Ride quality
  • Smart in-bed trunk
  • Ride quality
  • Smart two-way tailgate
  • Ride quality
  • 5k# (AWD) tow rating works for my needs
  • Did I mention ride quality?
Nope, no regrets whatsoever, it was the right move for me, your needs may differ :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Someone MAY have mentioned Ride Quality. LOL

Best Riding Vehicle I've ever had.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Chevy Silverado to Honda Ridgeline. No regrets!
I also went from a Chevy Silverado to a Ridgeline. No regrets on my side either.
I recently took my RL to the dealer for a free oil change and was put in a Taco as a loaner vehicle. It sure made me glad that I bought a RL. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Absolutely no regrets. I am a lifelong Chevy person loving my Ridgeline. I have not been this excited about a new truck in years. The ride quality is fantastic. I live on a rural dirt and gravel road with enough ruts that it probably qualifies for your light off-roading. The RL has performed flawlessly on rainy, muddy days. I feel confident it will do well in the snow. Flat hauling 4'x8' sheet goods and the two-way tailgate were deciding factors for me. After all, I buy trucks to haul things. The extra-roomy cab (plenty of room for dogs in the backseat), big trunk, in-bed audio (which I use way more than I anticipated), and that ride quality are all great bonuses for me. I'm still getting used to the sensing suite, but so far, so good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish the infotainment system software was better. Mine is glitchy at times though some this could attributed to Apple CarPlay or the phone software. Other times it works great but for price the software should be less dated looking, intuitive and seamless. I like the feel of the software on 2029 passport but it freezes also. This is Honda’s weak area and they do not really update the software on these units either.

I wish it towed 8k pounds but again if you’re going to be towing that heavy you are better off getting a lot larger truck probably.

For day to day driving I love it. It is comfortable for my nearly 6’3 self to get in and out of. It rides very nice,

I do feel it is priced little high but that is the Honda premium tax you pay for the name just like Toyota.

Rides better than a Toyota for me and has more interior room. Hoping Honda updates infotainment system and I get money years of comfortable use out of my Ridgeline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
The ONLY regret I have is not buying one before purchasing a 2019 Pilot. We purchased a Pilot to replace my wife's Jeep GC a month ago and it's an absolutely fantastic vehicle. The V6 / 6AT combination is buttery smooth and the AWD system is top notch. With seating for 8 and the ability to carry anything I would carry (tools, materials and electronics) and have them secured is absolutely excellent.

I can't justify purchasing a Ridgeline as I essentially have one with a topper now...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am in the middle of my first regret. The tow capacity is too restrictive for travel trailers. If you think you might want to tow, you should look at something else in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts