Reactions: Baja Adventurer

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Ya, my signature shows me off road in a parking lot! :act024::act027::act024:

·
Registered
692 Posts
OMG, someone actually used the bed tire mount when off road! ha, I thought I was the only one that had used that.

It looks like the front mud guards had to be removed and the tires still rub after a lift lol.

·
Registered
270 Posts
OMG, someone actually used the bed tire mount when off road! ha, I thought I was the only one that had used that.

It looks like the front mud guards had to be removed and the tires still rub after a lift lol.
that is my only option, those tires won't fit in the trunk..lol Driver side doesn't rub but passenger side does very slightly on occasion because I just eyeballed my grinding and didn't do any test fitting on that side

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, love the pics so far! I am inspired to go out and explore and Engineer Pass just made the list of places to go!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those are from all over the area. Engineer Pass, California Pass, Yankee Boy Basin, Governor's Basin.. etc. Definitely worth the trip!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
What's the thing on the roof (besides the roof rack LOL)? Pretty scenery. Also first time I've seen a pic of the in-bed spare tire deal.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What's the thing on the roof (besides the roof rack LOL)? Pretty scenery. Also first time I've seen a pic of the in-bed spare tire deal.
a sony ccd "lipstick" style camera on a suction cup mount, I've got video on most of the trails but need to do a lot of editing on those yet

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
that is my only option, those tires won't fit in the trunk..lol
Just outta curiousity, does it not create a bigger blind spot being on the passenger side Bagger?

Is there not an option to mount the spare behind the drivers side?

P.S. Love the 245/75 17's :act035:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rick, look at your bed. on the passenger side you'll find a small fender clip. If you pop that off there are threads to use the OEM wing nut from in the trunk that holds the spare down. Its pretty cool, but only on the passenger side. The only reason I know is because when I took the panel off I broke the clip lol.

I'm actually surprised that the tire fits on the factory location with the factory hardware. That is a huge tire.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,267 Posts
Ahem. There is that thing known as the Owner's Manual that, apparently, few read. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Rick, look at your bed. on the passenger side you'll find a small fender clip. If you pop that off there are threads to use the OEM wing nut from in the trunk that holds the spare down. Its pretty cool, but only on the passenger side. The only reason I know is because when I took the panel off I broke the clip lol.

I'm actually surprised that the tire fits on the factory location with the factory hardware. That is a huge tire.
Ahem. There is that thing known as the Owner's Manual that, apparently, few read. :D

Yes relocating the tire to that spot creates a HUGE blind spot, it would be much wiser if Honda would relocate it to the driver side. On over-sized tires such as mine you have to run the factory mounting bolt through one of the wheel stud holes instead of the center cap. It's not ideal and a PITA at times but there isn't many options for carrying an over-sized spare which is a must especially when off-roading.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bagger you have some awesome pictures. I have been up there in my wife's FJ Cruiser. There is some amazing wildlife and scenery out there.

You have achieved the look I am aiming for with my Ridgeline. The minute I saw in the owners manual you could "temporarily" hold a spare there in the bed I wanted to get another wheel and mount one there. The tires, and light bar also look awesome. Good work.

Have fun out there.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,267 Posts
Yes relocating the tire to that spot creates a HUGE blind spot, it would be much wiser if Honda would relocate it to the driver side. On over-sized tires such as mine you have to run the factory mounting bolt through one of the wheel stud holes instead of the center cap. It's not ideal and a PITA at times but there isn't many options for carrying an over-sized spare which is a must especially when off-roading.
That is an excellent point. I wonder why Honda put the alternate mounting spot on the passenger side instead of the driver's side.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts