Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here from SF?

I was just there for a few days on business. I couldn't believe the roads in some places. It has to be so hard a vehicle. Between the climbs and braking....man, its a lot to ask.

Here's a pic - the sidewalk was a staircase. There was one road (it didnt come out well in the photo) that actually was a series of switchbacks at the steepest point.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
yup, its a fun town to drive in!
once you get out of the City the terrain is alot like Long Island (I used to live in New Jersey).

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Fortunately it is not a city you NEED to have a car to get around in, even if you live there. If visiting, just drive in, have fun, and drive out! :)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
You haven't driven in San Francisco until you've driven down....or up...Lombard street.

http://www.sftravel.com/lomabardcrookedstreet.html

Yes I know it's a one way....that's what made driving up it so much fun. Mind you this was in the mid 70's, I was a sailor and I was very drunk, driving my 68 LeMans, 350 motor, Holley 750 Dbl pumper on an Edlebrock manifold, Hooker headers dumping into Cherry Bomb Glass Packs that exited in front of the rear tires, a Borg Warner three speed manual with rachet shift....Fronts were skinny 70s on chrome rims and baby moons, rears were a 50 series, also chrome on chrome. Airshocks in the back, jacking the ass up in the air so high you could see the whole rear end, which of course I painted white to match the car. I had an aluminum ribbed functional hood scoop I had bolted to the hood after chopping a hole in it with an air gun. The interior was Tijuana Tuck and Roll, really done in TJ with black fur carpeting and God help me a real disco ball for the center interior light. The car was loud, fast and even had the latest in sound systems...a cassette deck wired to two small home speakers that sat on the rear deck. Good Lord what a dip**** I was back then.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Lombard St. is worth the drive, but just getting there and back through the traffic is a pain...parking is also a real b*%ch. Enjoy the cable cars and take your time. Lots to see without a car on foot or rails.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts