Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased a Ridgeline from Honda Essex (NJ)? How were they to deal with? Did they live up to their internet quote or did they start adding on once you got there? Were they reasonable on their trade value?

I've been toying with trading in my extended cab pick up truck for a Ridgeline RTS - I use it primarily as a commuter vehicle to and from work (40 miles round trip) and occassional honey-do list so I figure the ridge is better than a full size pick up for that.

If Honda Essex isn't any good - anyone have any recomendations for the NJ/PA (Philadelphia) area?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had some dealings with them about 7 years back...not too good. I bought my Ridgeline @ Madison Honda. Once I got past the initial pain of getting the price, They have been a pleasure to work with-my sales guy was Jakob.
I also priced with Planet Honda-but I stayed away.... they have a bad rep. When I did purchase back in the Spring, I got $1200 off of List for a loaded RTL. That was one of the best deals around according to ROC at the time...so they will deal on the prices.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I' ve talked to many dealers in central Jersey, Jeff the manager at Sussex was forthright about price at the time, my brother just bought from Erik at AutoSport in Bridewater and liked him at lot. Where the RL is right now in pricing, if you walk in and a dealer dosen't give you a firm price of invoice, go to another dealer. Sussex, AutoSport, Clinton Honda are all willing to sell now at invoice, no problemo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We bought a 04 leftover accord ex with 17 miles from them it listed for 29+k and got it for 22K (It is a beauty leather, Nav, moonroof...loaded!!). We traded our 01 Pissat we were very happy with the price... 5 months later we thought we would get a great deal for the RL, being a repeat customer and all... Our salesman started to negotiated 2K over sticker (I guess they knew I was a hagler), I told them I wanted 500 dollars over invoice and they went 1.5k over sticker... I was totally insulted... Ive done a lot of research (more than they did, thanks to ROC) and they were outright trying to rape me... so much for family repeat customers... means squat to these people. So I bought from RT23 Honda, 100 over invoice. Essex was a dissappoinment, so the Accord and RL gets serviced at RT23... I sometimes see them on e-bay, again overly priced. Stay away from Essex Honda if you want to buy an RL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I picked one up from Planet Honda for $300 over invoice 3 weeks ago. (RTL w/o Nav) The experience has not the best. I knew more about the truck than they did. I had to put $ down to secure the vehicle in the amount of all accesories. The amounts has not yeat been credited to my account. Also PH also has a different sales approach. They will first tell you that all pricing is Kelly Blue Book for both new and trades. When it comes down to final negotiations it is still negotiated market price for new and zero for your trade. The one thing however that you will find interesting when you take possesion of your vehicle is that PH will ask how your service was specifically the sales person and ask if you would like to give that person a gratuity $25, $50... up to $300!! Apparently these people no longer work on commission so the dealership puts you in an awkward position. Just don't be suprised that all - You can check the box that says the guy was great but you don't wish to give and more $$.

You can try Sussex they will deal as well

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your PH experience is exactly what I have heard...not too good. I tried to deal with them but pulled out...good thing.

Like I said, I had a great experience with Madison Honda purchasing-I'm going there for an oil change this week...I'll see how that goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts