Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Guess you didn't hear. The Ridgeline is cancelled indefinitely until Honda can figure out all the issues with the new Pilot.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
In fairness, it sounds like Honda is moving quickly to resolve customer issues with the new Pilot. For the most part, dealers are offering loaner cars and getting those problems worked out ASAP. But it's still a hassle to pay that much for a new vehicle and have to take it back for repairs or build-quality issues!

Regarding the OP, not sure how he could have missed the very first thread in this section with the words "latest information" in the title. Open the first post there and he would have seen every update along with Joe's latest prediction for when we'll see the G2 RL.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,392 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Yes, your response is the most courteous. We all started as "Freshmen" once, but eventually it becomes a user responsibility to learn how the Forum is organized and avoid creating redundant threads, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
It's awesome that he gave us something to talk about though, that makes Geologist >> Honda.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well Honda does have this armrest issue:act024:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
You are a brave person to be considering the purchase of a new Ridgeline during its first year of production.
Quite a deviation from the 1st RL. Bought mine in the spring of 2005 and "0" problems. Traded for a 2008 and later a 2013, still no problems.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
No big issues with my 06 so far. 229K miles & counting. It will be sad if 1st year Gen 2 doesn't have the same track record.
All I have been out $$ wise is oil and filers, complete fluid changes on the 08 and 1 flat tire. Not bad for 10 1/2 years of service. I will give the Gen 2 a try as soon as it is released; provided the dealership is cooperative.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While having my Acura RDX serviced at a Florida Gulf Coast dealer, I walked next door to the Honda store and asked a salesperson when the new Ridgeline will show up at the dealers. I was informed by the salesperson that the new Ridgeline will be a 2017 model and not be at the dealers until the fall of 2016! Bummer. Anyone else have different info than this.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,600 Posts
While having my Acura RDX serviced at a Florida Gulf Coast dealer, I walked next door to the Honda store and asked a salesperson when the new Ridgeline will show up at the dealers. I was informed by the salesperson that the new Ridgeline will be a 2017 model and not be at the dealers until the fall of 2016! Bummer. Anyone else have different info than this.
Did you read Cismo's post in the Latest info thread in this section? It is the first post in that thread and he keeps it updated. His info is probably much more accurate than from a dealership. His time line info:

"TIMELINE: I expect Honda to start production of the next-generation Ridgeline in the late 4th quarter of 2015 and should show up at dealers in mid-February of 2016 as a 2017 model year vehicle. UPDATE 7/22/15 Production timeline seems to have changed. Given the latest information I believe the earliest we would see the 2017 Ridgeline at dealers lots would March, 2016, but a more realistic timeline would be mid to late April of 2016."

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Well that person at the dealership was correct about one thing it will be a 2017 model. We all knew that a long while ago. I guess the real thing with most of us is what it will look like completely uncovered. So unless some kind of big delay Joe's time frame seems correct.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
The next-generation Ridgeline will be introduced at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January, 2016. That much is pretty much confirmed.

Dealers are NOT informed of such timelines and they are just guessing and/or trying to get you to buy a vehicle (any vehicle) NOW. That's their job... to sell cars NOW. Not tell you about the future.

They really don't know and have no idea. The dealers are the last to know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealer I purchase my Hondas' from said mid-2016. Then he laughed and said they really don't know but that is his guess and he would let me know if he heard or actually got anything concrete, but to be delighted if it was mid summer and be really delighted if it was November as they don't know at his level.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts