Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clear coat on my '07 was beginning to fade. Despite my repeated compounding, buffing, polishing and waxing, the clear coat "fade" kept coming back. Rather than spend $X,XXX on new paint, I decided to spend $500 on vinyl wrap and DIY. Anybody else try this? I'd like to know what technique you used for your front and rear bumpers. Those were challenging! How did you wrap the rear quarters? I had to put a seam on the Ridgeline pinstripe as you will see in the photo below. Let me know if you have tried this too!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire
Line Sky Vehicle door Automotive exterior Cloud
Material property Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Honda
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Honda ridgeline

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliment! I used Hexis Matte Meteorite Grey vinyl that cost about $500. Probably took me three weekends (est 40 hours), but I had to re-do the roof and hood repeatedly until I discovered a product called VVIVID tack reducer to use on large surfaces. While it's not a perfect "professional skill" wrap, it definitely looks much better than the factory blue paint with faded spots of clear coat. This was NOT the first vehicle that I wrapped. It was the second. I started with my '92 Lexus SC400. I'm glad I did not start with the Ridgeline because I probably would have stopped half way through. The bumpers have those hard angles and make it very difficult to wrap without using seams. This is why I'm asking other Ridgeline owners to see if anybody else out there has attempted to wrap. I'd like to compare notes! THank you again for the compliments!

· Administrator
24,892 Posts
Several years ago, a local Honda dealer that no longer exists donated a Ridgeline to a local TV station. It was wrapped in vinyl and outfitted with a mobile weather station and equipment for live streaming over a cellular connection (years before live streaming services like Facebook, YouTube, and Periscope existed). That Ridgeline has been through all sorts of extreme weather conditions over the years.

· Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 399970 View attachment 399971 View attachment 399972 View attachment 399973 View attachment 399974

I just want to put chrome vinyl wrap on the roof for sun reflection (I also live in Florida) and then I and bedlining the rest of the Ridge in silver, rolled on. When you did your roof, how did you approach the deep recesses in the middle? Did you do overlays first? Or did you you just stretch the film over the whole thing and use heat to get the film down in those recesses? Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts