Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel so left out with all these meets! Anybody in the Upper New England states interested in a get together? I need an excuse to go shopping in Freeport, Maine!

L

·
0 Posts
Hez said:
I feel so left out with all these meets! Anybody in the Upper New England states interested in a get together? I need an excuse to go shopping in Freeport, Maine!
Why not come on down to Cleveland Hez? :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hez said:
Actually my wife and I need to go to Freeport also, need to get her jacket repaired at LLBean and spend some more money there. And there are a couple members from Maine also.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I can't ski to save my life. I am originally from Maine, and the last time I went skiing someone ran over the back of my skis and we went head over heels down the mountain, lucky for me it was only Little Squaw. The pain was enough to keep me off the mountains, not to mention the fact I hate heights anyway.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
captmiddy said:
I can't ski to save my life. I am originally from Maine, and the last time I went skiing someone ran over the back of my skis and we went head over heels down the mountain, lucky for me it was only Little Squaw. The pain was enough to keep me off the mountains, not to mention the fact I hate heights anyway.
I can emphatize with you. I am the most dangerous item on any form of ice or snow. Being born and raised on a tropical country as in the Philippines, snow and ice were strange to me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I give ski reports then; Planning on Killington VT mostly ; attash; and maybe sunday river.

hope the ridgeline likes the snow and ice in NE even though we would rather have some sunny warm stuff.

We could all climb the highest Mt on the NE ; Mount Washington.

·
Registered
492 Posts
ridgeNH said:
just bought my allforonepass ; how about a ski meet
Got my pass to. I will be at Sunday River mostly. Look for a White Ridge with NH plates. My daughter is in the race program there. If the Ridge is anything close to the Acura MDX that I had last year (both have the same 4 wheel technology), everyone in snow country will be extremely pleased. I am toying with the idea of getting 4 snow tires. I bet I could groom trails with the thing.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the idea of all climbing Mt Washington! Also, we are hoping to get a family ski vacation to Sunday River some time. Ooooh, the possibilities!

Ladyridge, Cleveland is just too far for us to come. :( I would dearly love to visit and meet you all, but its not possible.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hez said:
I'm a little over an hour south of Freeport and about your climb Mt Washington with the RL's my camp is east of Mt W by 40 minutes...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Skiing????

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hez said:
I like the idea of all climbing Mt Washington! Also, we are hoping to get a family ski vacation to Sunday River some time. Ooooh, the possibilities!

Ladyridge, Cleveland is just too far for us to come. :( I would dearly love to visit and meet you all, but its not possible.
Hey, my cabin is is just 20 minutes from Sunday river. you ought to consider renting a snowmobile or 2, lots of state groomed trails right at the base of the mountain.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nope, I never skied enough to get the skills needed for Tuckerman's... I'm going up for a weekend of Continuing Education for my MA EMT license. The course is "Mountain Medicine" and I've been going for about 8 years (No, it isn't hard, just fun). It's a bunch of classroom time at the AMC basecamp and then some hiking on the Mountain.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've got two RL owners from Mass that would head upt o Maine!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts