Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ended up with some spare time yesterday, which is really rare... so got to tinker on a few things.

First was my old pickup, a 1981 Toyota 3/4 ton with a 22R 4cyl. I replaced the plugs, changed the fuel filter, checked the timing and rebuilt the weber 32/36 carb. Runs like a top, been meaning to work on it about six months. So nice to work on something so analog, love it.

Secondly, I decided to show my beater some love (no I'm not talking about my hand you old pervs), specifically my 1996 Jeep Cherokee. It's had a cracked exhaust manifold for as long as I can remember, which was the main reason I started, but just ended up one of the many things I decided to do.

Here's about where I am this afternoon, waiting on a couple parts to arrive:

Already installed the new fan clutch, radiator (spectra), water outlet & thermostat and new hoses.

Parts waiting to be installed: new electric fan, accessory belt, reconditioned 24lb injectors (to replace 19lb/hr), banks stainless header, header thermal wrap, gasket matched and lightly polished intake manifold, Flowmaster 2.5" 40 series, warn synthetic winch line, few other hoses and things.

It's been a while since I've had a chance to work on the jeep, it's nice and easy and parts are cheap, the 4.0 in line sixes are great. My nephew, who is 15, came over to help. He's excited about learning so it's kinda fun to show him around. Gave him a few tools to get him started. The heat index was around 110 yesterday, gotta love having a/c in the shop, right at 75 while we were out there.

So that's been some of my weekend, what are yall working on?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
Nice job. I love wrenching on my '96 Del Sol, it's still OBD2 so it can tell me what's wrong, but many things are obivous and easy to access, large low profile 4T jack sends it up in a few pumps and tall RL Jack Stands give loads of GC to work sitting up on the floor, rather than hunched over.

Good Times, he'll remember that for a while.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I picked this up the other day, I figured for $125 I'd let the grandkids play with it. Things I tinkered include: adjusting brakes, adjusting valves, replace two bald tires ($70), patch mowing deck holes ($30), two headlight bulbs ($5), left over oil change. Change plug and fuel filter, more leftovers. It doesn't have an oil filter. Came with an extra set of new/unneeded cutting blades. Now up to $230.

I still need to replace a leaking gasket and a frayed blade engagement cable.

It's green/yellow (and says Deere L100) on the side but it's obviously NOT a Deere.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked this up the other day, I figured for $125 I'd let the grandkids play with it. Things I tinkered include: adjusting brakes, adjusting valves, replace two bald tires ($70), patch mowing deck holes ($30), two headlight bulbs ($5), left over oil change. Change plug and fuel filter, more leftovers. It doesn't have an oil filter. Came with an extra set of new/unneeded cutting blades. Now up to $230.

I still need to replace a leaking gasket and a frayed blade engagement cable.

It's green/yellow (and says Deere L100) on the side but it's obviously NOT a Deere.
We had an L120 we bought new from Home Depot quite a while back, I think it was a rebadged Scott's mower, that was made by ariens... something like that. It did fair, cutting 3 acres weekly killed the crappy Briggs in it, with regular maintenance, lasted around 600hrs. Swapped to a 25hp Kohler twin from a $200 c.l. paulan pro to use as a yard hauler with no deck. Used it a few weekends back to pull shrubs and saplings with, fun stuff, lol.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Hondas and Deeres have been my two go-too's for many years. This would be my lowest ever point in the Deere line - but for the grandkids to play with it'll be fine.

Today I replaced the bad cable and bad gasket ($26), so it's now a $256 toy. Still cheaper than those battery powered Jeeps that only last a year or two.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Changed the plugs on my 496. Went down a heat number.

Reactions: OC Nomad

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts