Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all

New here. Potential RL owner.

Looked around and didn't see any posts on my subject. It's a weird idea but bear with me.

I am partial to white vehicles because I'm lazy. Even a decent rain can make a white car look Passable. I went nearly a year once without washing my white truck and it looked ok. Of course I live on a ranch and shinny trucks occur around here only on the occaisional Saturday night and are owned for the most part by young single guys. ;)

Anyway .... The white RLs bear a strinking resemblance to a tipped over fridgedaire with an angular slice taken off the back top half. Don't want to insult anyone but these puppies really do 'stand out' in white ... where as the black is truly snazy looking. (never again for me however)

What if one were to put black door protector panels (the stock ones) on a white RL? Maybe black running boards as well? AND perhaps black powder coat the roof rack? Black mudflaps?

Black on silver? Red? Green?

Whadayathink?

Regards,
Scott the newb

·
Registered
218 Posts
I also have a white RL for much the same reasons as yours. Might I suggest something a little more subtle like pinstriping? It's a taste thing so whatever floats your boat. It's your truck after all. I've been using a digital image of my truck and experimenting with different pin stripe configurations. Some of them look pretty good. I haven't posted them for fear of ridicule. Some folks can be a little cruel online. If you like I can send you a personal message with the photos.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a red one but the white one looks good to me. Better than the silver one. I just ducked from the arrow that Ladyridge shot accross my bow. She will forgive you if you get a white one.

Tiger

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spritegeezer said:
I also have a white RL for much the same reasons as yours. Might I suggest something a little more subtle like pinstriping? It's a taste thing so whatever floats your boat. It's your truck after all. I've been using a digital image of my truck and experimenting with different pin stripe configurations. Some of them look pretty good. I haven't posted them for fear of ridicule. Some folks can be a little cruel online. If you like I can send you a personal message with the photos.
Love to see your photos. I think you should openly post them though but if you are shy i understand. Don't let on line jerks bother you. A thick skin is necessary on the web.
Thanks,
Scott :D

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I have seen one white RL with the Black body side protectors in my area. It is not my personal preference but it didn't look too bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought about that too, doing the different side body mouldings thing but the more I thought about it I passed on the whole idea. I'm obviously in the minority according to Ladyridge's color choice survey but I like the white, as you said it's easy to keep clean. I've had several black vehicles and I'll never go back, just too much for upkeep for me but they are beautiful when clean. Sure you stick out but dare to be different. The ridgeline is going to get looks no matter what color you pick. So go WHITE, join the minority, it's an exclusive club. :cool:

L

·
0 Posts
sfleming said:
Hey Y'all

New here. Potential RL owner.

Looked around and didn't see any posts on my subject. It's a weird idea but bear with me.

I am partial to white vehicles because I'm lazy. Even a decent rain can make a white car look Passable. I went nearly a year once without washing my white truck and it looked ok. Of course I live on a ranch and shinny trucks occur around here only on the occaisional Saturday night and are owned for the most part by young single guys. ;)

Anyway .... The white RLs bear a strinking resemblance to a tipped over fridgedaire with an angular slice taken off the back top half. Don't want to insult anyone but these puppies really do 'stand out' in white ... where as the black is truly snazy looking. (never again for me however)

What if one were to put black door protector panels (the stock ones) on a white RL? Maybe black running boards as well? AND perhaps black powder coat the roof rack? Black mudflaps?

Black on silver? Red? Green?

Whadayathink?

Regards,
Scott the newb
The dealership I purchased my Ridgeline from, Rick Case in Euclid, Ohio, which by the way I am NOT loyal to for reasons posted here in this forum, had a Silver RL with Black side protectors installed on it the day it rolled into the dealership in March. It's still sitting there. :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ladyridge said:
The dealership I purchased my Ridgeline from, Rick Case in Euclid, Ohio, which by the way I am NOT loyal to for reasons posted here in this forum, had a Silver RL with Black side protectors installed on it the day it rolled into the dealership in March. It's still sitting there. :rolleyes: :eek:
If you need explanations, PM me! :mad:

·
Registered
383 Posts
sfleming said:
I used to own an old Chev 1/2 ton that was white with black trim (black running boards, black muds, black door protector strips, black headache rack, black side mirrors). It looked really sharp! I think it would look great. Truth be known, I would have done the exact same thing with my Ridge if white was a color choice in Canada.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Spritegeezer said:
I also have a white RL for much the same reasons as yours. Might I suggest something a little more subtle like pinstriping? .... I've been using a digital image of my truck and experimenting with different pin stripe configurations.
Spritegeezer... I would like to see your images. I am planning on pinstriping my WHITE RT, as well. Are you intending to do the work yourself?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts