Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm really interested in a Ridgeline but have lingering doubts about going off-road with it. I don't mean mud boggin', rock crawlin' or that kind of stuff. Mostly logging roads and the like. I'm in the woods 50-60 days a year and sometimes I just need to get through some slop or snow. Anyone live in the Portland Oregon area who would run me up in the woods so I can get a feel on the rig? I'd fill your gas tank, or buy lunch, or fill your gas tank and buy lunch! I'm dying to see if it will go where I need, this is one awesome truck and my 99 Tahoe is getting really tired. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
I'm not near you, but there's some video clips somewhere here ( tried to find them so I could link them to you ) that show the RL doing some pretty amazing things in mud and snow, mostly in Russia. Maybe someone knows where they are and can link them for you in case you can't find a volunteer. Although I would think ground clearance would be your only concern as the RL with it's all wheel drive should make it up most logging roads easily.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grew out of that kind thing when I sold my '79 Bronco about ten tears ago. I spent several days in my Tahoe up in the woods this week driving over the places I frequent. It has been snowy then rainy for the last few months up there and was pretty soggy, even so I only needed 4hi a couple times and 4low one time when I went down an old skid I knew was extremely nasty. I remember getting pretty crazy places in my wife's old Honda Civic when we were younger and braver! I got approved for my loan, it's just a matter of picking which vehicle. We looked at the Ridgeline, a Tacoma, and an Xterra. Odds are the Ridge will be the one. It's tough to beat for everyday functionality and I can't see picking a different rig because it will do better the 1% time I feel like getting all muddy (I loved the Xterra Pro4X but...). I also noticed on the forums and people I ran into around town, all loved their Ridgeline's even with all the crap that people throw them. You probably know, "Hey, you need a real truck, not a minivan with a bed." I've been trolling forums for months and talking to people in parking lots about the trucks I'm considering and the Ridgeline people get first prize for vehicle satisfaction. Okay, I've rambled on long enough, hopefully by next weekend I'll be in a new Ridge!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm really happy with the RL's offroad capability on logging roads going camping and hiking. The AWD system is excellent on snow, gravel and dirt. ESPECIALLY in snow. As long as you don't drive like a madman on back roads tempting some rogue 10" rock... you'll be happy with the RL.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far so good. I've been up in the woods a half dozen times now. It did awesome in the snow. I went up to check my trail cam in mid April and there was about 7 inches of fresh snow and nobody had come in before me. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better it did than my old Tahoe. I'm nervous to see what happens when I hit a good size chuck hole by accident. I also got both the front and rear skid plates but have not had time to put them on yet, I've been busy building a chicken coup and my garage is full of lumber and tools.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
working on getting a job in pdx, so if it comes through I'll be hitting some trails with my old buddies up there. ill let you know. I think they go over by wildcat in estacada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts