Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far everyone has checked in with RTL's and RTS's but haven't heard from anyone with a RT. Could they be the rarest Ridge of all?

L

·
0 Posts
I have to give my OPINION here! And it's just an opinion.
I think that people had an interest in the Ridgeline, but the price tag may have frightened some due to the newness and unchartered territory of a Honda truck that people expressed the want of an RT.
THEN...they went to the dealers show room and saw the RTL and said, "Why not" and took it home. I share this with you only because it is what happened to me. I have been set on just being happy to have a Ridgeline in the driveway since September 2004 that an RT was plenty good enough. But, let me tell you, when I saw the RTL /Navi-Sunroof, it came home with me. The RT's are still on my dealers lot as of last Monday and they had orders for several RTS and RTL.
Again, only my opinion!!!
LadyRidge! :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
LadyRidge,

I do believe you hit the nail on the head. All along I said I would go for an RT, but never having even seen an RT, I will get at least an RTS, there is just something about the electric seat, and auto dual zone climate control that I have to have.

ladyridge said:
I have to give my OPINION here! And it's just an opinion.
I think that people had an interest in the Ridgeline, but the price tag may have frightened some due to the newness and unchartered territory of a Honda truck that people expressed the want of an RT.
THEN...they went to the dealers show room and saw the RTL and said, "Why not" and took it home. I share this with you only because it is what happened to me. I have been set on just being happy to have a Ridgeline in the driveway since September 2004 that an RT was plenty good enough. But, let me tell you, when I saw the RTL /Navi-Sunroof, it came home with me. The RT's are still on my dealers lot as of last Monday and they had orders for several RTS and RTL.
Again, only my opinion!!!
LadyRidge! :)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I originally wanted the RT. Based on the standard equipment I thought it would be fine. My dealer claimed that Honda will not mass produce the RT. I would have to order one and it would take 8-12 weeks. RTS and
RTL models will be made ahead and shipped to dealers without specific orders. He conviently had a Silver RTS arriving the day after I went into the showroom and I bought his story as well as the truck.

I've driven mine 1,200 miles now and haven't seen ANY other Ridgelines, never mind an RT. I suspect you are correct and the RT will be rare.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was on holidays the day that they ran those bodies...but the build date would have been between the 16-18 of march. Hope yours was there and you get it soon :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I haven't bought a Ridge yet but I am leaning toward the RT now more than before. I had auto climate control in another vehicle and thought the dual temp would be great but the price jump is so significant that I don't think my cheap self will budge. I always shop with opportunity cost in mind and the $3k I'd save is equal to a new drysuit or underwater digital camera setup...something to go with the new truck. That said, the RTS and RTL are good prices for what you get when compared to say a Tundra Double Cab Ltd. (other vehicle I considered). At least the RT has all the stuff I want anyway, the other options would just be $$gravy$$.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
the kid said:
I was on holidays the day that they ran those bodies...but the build date would have been between the 16-18 of march. Hope yours was there and you get it soon :)
Thanks. They told me 30 days on Saturday...does this sound like it would correspond with the build date you mentioned? I would have expected that build date to arrive around the end of March, but I don't know how long it takes to go through quality, etc after being physically asembled. I can't wait until it gets here!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I am also looking to get an RT model, and the price is a large jump to an RTS. The one option that i would like to have on the RT is lumbar support in case i may have to drive long ways. I've noticed that lumbar support is not available on the RT model only RTS and up. Dual climate and subwoofer is nice with alloy :) wheels, but the price is to high unless they can make a great deal on the vehicle. So, as of now i'm in between models depending on the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts