Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after i bought my truck back in mid july i noticed that this molding that goes along the rear glass was alittle off on the drivers side rear passanger. I took it back to my local Honda dealer and they looked at it and said a tab was broken and that was the reason it wasn't flush like the other side was. They orderd the part but kept calling the wrong number for like 2 months so thats why im finally getting it fixed now. Anyway, just wanted to give my fellow RL owners a heads up about this issue. (first picture is the broken side, next picture is the none broken side)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
How could that piece break....during assembly? Glad you are getting it fixed finally!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
What I noticed more than the flush issue was how much larger the gap at the end of the window molding was on the "unbroken side".

·
Registered
46 Posts
'Merica.

Kidding aside, if people were offered the choice to buy the same trim level / vehicle, but one assembled in Japan vs. one in USA, for the same price, anyone who remembers Deming & Juran from undergrad would pick Japan. Zero issues like this on our '07 S2000 assembled in Japan. Our new RTL-E assembled in Alabama, nowhere near the same obsession to panel fit / finish.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How could that piece break....during assembly? Glad you are getting it fixed finally!
They had to take the rear seat out. Apparently that panel is bigger then i thought. I hope these whoopels at this dealership know what they are doing, they told me this is the first ridgeline in with an issue. That makes me feel good.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
No offense, but both pics look like crap. I went to check mine and they are dreadful as well. Are you on LI?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
'Merica.

Kidding aside, if people were offered the choice to buy the same trim level / vehicle, but one assembled in Japan vs. one in USA, for the same price, anyone who remembers Deming & Juran from undergrad would pick Japan. Zero issues like this on our '07 S2000 assembled in Japan. Our new RTL-E assembled in Alabama, nowhere near the same obsession to panel fit / finish.

My parents had Acuras in the early 1990's (Integra and Legend). They couldn't come close to fit and finish on those today.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts