Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know much about airbag suspension other than some of the principals of how it works. I have been wondering if I could add airbag suspension to my Ridgeline to give it some adjustable height. I found a setup on a website that says the bags have an 8" range. I think it would be pretty cool to be able to drop it a few inches lower than stock, or raise it a few inches higher than stock with just a flip of a switch. I have no idea what adding airbags would do to handling, particularly if I want to go off road. I do know that having airbags would help when hauling a heavy load, or pulling a trailer. I also know that there are basically two types of setups: airbags inside the springs, or airbags instead of springs. Does anyone know much about airbag suspension?? :confused:

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that's a nice Ridge. Not really what I am going for though, I don't want it to go that low. I'll hit him up for some questions. Thanks for showing the thread!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Hey Iceman. Unfortunately, installing an airbag system on the Ridgeline is a very extensive and expensive modification. Also, I don't know of any systems for the Ridgelines that will increase the height. The only aftermarket system is for lowering.

That being said, the only thing stopping you from having a custom suspension made is money. Lots and lots of money.

G

·
RUSTYH can you give us an idea of how much it would take for a airbag lower Ridgeline? I know your comment was from 3 years ago so do you know if there are any bolt on systems that actually work yet?

Thank you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts