Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has any experience removing the roof rack. If it is removed, do you think it will leave any type of "wear" marks on the roof? I'm curious because I am considering purchasing a Ridgeline and do not want the roof rack. My local dealer installs them on all their trucks but has offered to remove it for me. My main concern is there may be a minor dent or mark on the roof from removing the rack. The Ridgeline and the newly installed rack is probably not more than two weeks old--only 3 miles on the truck. From what I can tell, the plastic spacer that sits between the channel and larger heavy duty plastic roof piece is made of a softer type of plastic. What do you guys think? Do I have anything to worry about?

L

·
0 Posts
Honestly?? IMHO, I would try to locate a dealer that doesn't push accessories on you. :confused:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Anyone done this recently or have a link to one? Tried searching "roof rack removal" and this was the only thread out there

Another question is has anyone painted the bare alumin um of the roof rack a different color to match the car or black?

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey there, removing the roof rack is fairly simple. Pull off the black covers, it might be a little hard i suggest removing the end of the cover first. Then you'll find the star head screws. Do that to all six of the covers and you'll be good. In all with all the screws out you should have 12. I did this to paint my roof rack black which turned out pretty decent. I used a can of black gloss engine enamel.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I want to paint my roof rack black as well, going all flat black on my RL. any tips anyone how to best way paint the roof rack, paint, sanding, etc??
pics?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Painted the roof rack in teflon from left over paint I had from other two projects. Its too sunny out side. but when its a little darker. It really looks good.
[/IMG]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts