Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have small 2 meter radio. In my previous vehicle I installed an 'A Relay'.
Ignition energized relay powering heavy wire from battery to radio.

Antenna cable ran up removable A post cover to roof and antenna was mounted on center of front crossover rack.

1st Question. Any problem with 25 watts of rf and Ridgeling electronics.
I've searched and not seen any comments.
2nd Question. If anyone has actually installed a radio, where?
My radio has a remote head, I could actually put the radio in the trunk.

anybody have experience
bill at w9ol.com
please and thank you.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
That brings up a question - how do you get under the seat? It looks like there is a LOT of plastic in the way.
Umm, well you put it under from the front, not the back. There's a surprising number of wires under there already, and there's a bump in the floor under the seat, so there's not as much room as I expected. But there's enough to fit your average mobile rig.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Umm, well you put it under from the front, not the back. There's a surprising number of wires under there already, and there's a bump in the floor under the seat, so there's not as much room as I expected. But there's enough to fit your average mobile rig.
But the wires should come out the back, right? :)

Oh, and do folks like to mount to the seat or to the floor? I assume if you mount to the seat frame then you have to make sure to leave enough cable length to handle the seat all the way forward. If you mount to the floor then you have to make sure you won't hit it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts