Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a moonroof deflector since its always open. Does any one have pictures of there unit installed? Also does it stop the wind noise that the factory pop up deflector causes? How much of the opening does it cover? Maybe some one has a picture from the inside looking out through the monnroof. Homer Steel blue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'll second that RFI.

I too like to have the moonroof open but at highway speeds it's a bit much. I'd just like to know if the deflector is worth it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes I had mine dealer installed and feel that's it worth it. Open moonroof part way and rear window open gives a great airflow through the cabin at highway speeds (can cut down AC use dependent upon outside temp). I does cause one small pain in the butt when it comes to cleaning exterior moonroof glass. In general like it and no regrets.
Tux said:
I'll second that RFI.

I too like to have the moonroof open but at highway speeds it's a bit much. I'd just like to know if the deflector is worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I agree with Ridge man for all that he said. I do not intend to have a roof rack installed. During my drive to work in the mornings its really nice.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Anyone do the self install on the deflector? Is it difficult?

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Homersridge said:
I am considering a moonroof deflector since its always open. Does any one have pictures of there unit installed? Also does it stop the wind noise that the factory pop up deflector causes? How much of the opening does it cover? Maybe some one has a picture from the inside looking out through the monnroof. Homer Steel blue.
I had the dealer install mine when I bought the truck. I opens as much as you need it to. Greatly reduces the turbulance inside the the truck. Check out 'My Dressed Up Ridgeline' for pics of my truck with the Moonroof deflector installed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did it myself,

About 20 minutes, easy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
06RTLNAVBlue said:
No measurement or picture at the moment. I did cut the air flow noise ALOT. I would not be without it. Go get it!!!
The airflow noise with the roof open, closed or both?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am only saying that it cut the airflow noise from the roof being open. I also did my best to gauge (by listening with my ear only) whether or not it affected the "windshield noise". I had the hood deflector and roof deflector installed at the same time. I only noticed that the roof deflector reduced ALOT of the moon roof noise (turbulence) when the roof is open. Having both of these installed did not seem to affect the "windshield noise" that several of us have complained of.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I didn't purchase the deflector for my sunroof because I do not like how much of the opening it actually covers up. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a sunroof. I think Honda made their deflectors too large. Same problem with my wife's Accord. I would have bought it had it not been so large.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suspected from pictures I seen that it may cover more of the opening than I would like. I find the moonroof smaller than others I have had. Guess thats what we get when they are using items from other models. Seen the install instructions. Looks easy to install but don't want to loose any more of the opening. Going to look at some after market units. Thanks for all the responces. Some pictures would still be nice If any one has some. Homer Steel Blue

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
What do you guys want a moonroof visor for anyways? if it is for wind deflection....don't waste your money. Next time you have a chance, do this test. Going at a good clip, open it all the way. While it is opening, feel along the front edge. You will notice a jagged lip lift up. This is your wind deflector. If you run your upturned fingers along the upper edge of this lip, you will feel the air being deflected upwards. Now move your hand to the back edge of the opening, just over and above the roof line...no air!!! And BTW, this jagged edge also prevents air turbulence and buffeting you may experience in the cab with the MR open. Why ruin good engineering design for all this with an after market product that could defeat all this features?? :) :cool: :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
One hint I picked up from this club: to cut down on sunroof noise, open your back window (cab not door). I think it helps with the flow of air.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was wondering if it affected the Roof Rack noise since I don't have it open too often anyways.

It attaches via clips in the moonroof and has a rubber seal on the bottom front and side edges.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Tex, read my post. It made a huge difference on noise with it open in my truck.

Get the deflector if you want to reduce the noise, it works great!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Had the deflector on our Civic and wasn't crazy about it. It did reduce the buffeting and noise, but it also reduced the outward visibility. As a previous poster said, it was also a pain to clean around (and especially around here with all our pine straw).

Anyway, the Ridgeline has that automatic wind deflector that pops up, and that works for us.

We haven't had the Ridgeline but a few days, and the "We Owe You" Moonroof deflector option, we're now deleting. We're going to trade it for the rear mudflaps, a bottle of touch-up paint, and whatever.... :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts