Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these in the glove box along with a wiring harness. They are about the size of a quarter. Anyone have an idea what they are? I think the dealer did a poor PDI, found a razor blade on the floor and the positive cover over the battery was left in the up position.

Thanks in advance
IMG_0110.JPG

·
Registered
269 Posts
Those are meant too cover the holes in the chassis where the shipping tie downs are placed. The PDI procedure for the Pilot is available online, do a Google search and it will show you where they go.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
The items pictured are body plugs and go on the frame rails. They fill they holes where the chains were attached when you RL was tied to the delivery truck. If they are not installed at PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) road noise may be higher than usual and you may be getting water where you don't want it. Bad job on the part of your dealer, you got to ask what else they forgot?

New Model Service Information ? 2016 Honda Pilot | oemdtc.com

Edit: Looks like we were posting at the same time :)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The items pictured are body plugs and go on the frame rails. They fill they holes where the chains were attached when you RL was tied to the delivery truck. If they are not installed at PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) road noise may be higher than usual and you may be getting water where you don't want it. Bad job on the part of your dealer, you got to ask what else they forgot?

New Model Service Information ? 2016 Honda Pilot | oemdtc.com

Edit: Looks like we were posting at the same time :)
At least they put gas in it. I also just found some white tape on the front fender but it is a white RL.

·
Registered
182 Posts
those are eye grommets. simply place them over your eyes as you approach your Ridgeline (or within about a 10-foot radius). their main purpose is so you can't see the factory defects and other flaws created during PDI.

·
Registered
970 Posts
those are eye grommets. simply place them over your eyes as you approach your Ridgeline (or within about a 10-foot radius). their main purpose is so you can't see the factory defects and other flaws created during PDI.
I thought they were to be used when looking at the sticker price and dealer markups...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rubber Plugs?

Can someone tell me the purpose of these plugs? They were in the glove box with all the manuals and stuff when I picked up the truck
IMG_0171.jpg

I am currently on the International Space station so gravity is not in effect ( sorry)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Re: Rubber Plugs?

I think they look like firewall plugs. Not sure why they would be in glove box. Unless the tech at your dealership missed installing at the PDI.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts

For your ears when someone starts talking about you ride not being a real truck.

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Sounds like you may not have gotten a PDI at all. I would confront the dealer about this.
YES, the GM of the dealership and Honda need to know the PDI was not properly done on the vehicle. Additionally there should be a booklet in the glovebox with someone signing off on the PDI. That person just skipped it.

I really hate dealers. Too many years of catching such screw ups. Yes, there are good and bad dealers, but the bottom line is their interest is in making money not doing everything Honda want's them to do.

BTW, if you EVER have your oil changed at a dealer tell them you want to see it done with your own eyes. Otherwise there's a good chance nothing will get changed... only topped off if the oil looks decent at all. Sleazy, but standard practice. VTM-4 and VTM-4i fluid changes are even worse. I just saw some numbers on that that would SHOCK you.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts

For others to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks Chris,

I'm not surprised that they were not put in during PDI, not a great experience at the dealer. But, three different people told me to give them a "10" on the Honda survey, because anything Less than a "10" affects their bonus!!

Not Everyone gets a trophy!!

You want a "10" you gotta actually TRY!

Thanks again!

Tru....ar

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I need to put mine in yet, been sitting in my glove box for 8 months...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 44 Posts