Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has crossed 100k miles yet. I'm at about 96k and am trying to decide if I should keep it past 100k or not. You have to replace the timing belt at 105k, so I'm not sure if doing so is a worthwhile venture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why wouldn't you? If you like it and the timing belt/water pump isn't that huge of a job, I'd do it (along with the valves @ 105K) and keep on trucking.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm still in a G1 with 145k miles debating on a G2. I had the T-belt service done on-time because I didn't want to void Hondacare. Many on here have gone way over time/mileage (too far over imo on some) but haven't had a problem.
What I'm very curious to know is how well it's holding up; Creaks/groans/rattles, what repairs have you had to make over the course of 100k, are the seats worn? Would you buy it again?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I'm still in a G1 with 145k miles debating on a G2. I had the T-belt service done on-time because I didn't want to void Hondacare. Many on here have gone way over time/mileage (too far over imo on some) but haven't had a problem.
What I'm very curious to know is how well it's holding up; Creaks/groans/rattles, what repairs have you had to make over the course of 100k, are the seats worn? Would you buy it again?
New rubber around the drivers side door at 300,000. Now it's just like the day I drove it off the showroom floor. Come drive it, no squeaks or rattles and all the lights even work. Wind it up and hear the V-TEC. Holds the road on a curve that no pencil axle truck can follow.

Seriously thinking of trading at 400,000. Only 80,000 to go.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why would you dump a perfectly good vehicle over a sub-$1k upcoming maintenance? You'll lose far more than to trade. It makes zero financial sense to do that, unless it's out of warranty and needing constant, or expensive repairs. The timing belt is not a repair, it's routine maintenance. Of course it makes sense to hang onto the Rl for the long haul. 100k is nothing these days. Take it to 175k+, then think of making a move.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a few issues, but nothing to major. The most troubling was that I had to push Honda to replace the transmission fluid and update the software to stop hard pushes. They really fought back against that warranty claim. The battery died a few months ago which I thought was strange as it was only a few years old. The truck is starting to show some minor issues: headlights hazing, leather seats showing wear, misc squeaks and rattles, and now an engine braking sound which seems to be associated with the VCM.

In regards to would I buy it again... probably not. I've done some substantial towing with this truck (long hauls cross country with around 4-5k) and I always felt like I was really pushing the truck to tow. I knew going into this vehicle that towing wasn't the strong suit, but I expected a little better performance I suppose. I will say that I put this truck through hell multiple times and it hasn't failed yet. It sucks offroad, but it's probably the best "city" truck ever made.

·
Registered
369 Posts
New rubber around the drivers side door at 300,000. Now it's just like the day I drove it off the showroom floor. Come drive it, no squeaks or rattles and all the lights even work. Wind it up and hear the V-TEC. Holds the road on a curve that no pencil axle truck can follow.

Seriously thinking of trading at 400,000. Only 80,000 to go.
Mine is loaded with squeaks and rattles. Still drives well, runs great, and everything still works. But the body has really loosened up.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've had a few issues, but nothing to major. The most troubling was that I had to push Honda to replace the transmission fluid and update the software to stop hard pushes. They really fought back against that warranty claim. The battery died a few months ago which I thought was strange as it was only a few years old. The truck is starting to show some minor issues: headlights hazing, leather seats showing wear, misc squeaks and rattles, and now an engine braking sound which seems to be associated with the VCM.

In regards to would I buy it again... probably not. I've done some substantial towing with this truck (long hauls cross country with around 4-5k) and I always felt like I was really pushing the truck to tow. I knew going into this vehicle that towing wasn't the strong suit, but I expected a little better performance I suppose. I will say that I put this truck through hell multiple times and it hasn't failed yet. It sucks offroad, but it's probably the best "city" truck ever made.
I believe you when you say that it sucks offroad. My 07 isn't too bad but I definitely feel like I have to tip-toe along some of the fire trails we drive to avoid damage. Not the same feel I had with any of my previous small trucks, or truck based SUV's. RL is the best overall vehicle for me tho., but I too have referred to it as the best "city" truck.

It's sometimes tough trying to get manufacturers to cover software updates, which is stupid IMO because it's usually as simple as plugging into the data port and walking away. It's good customer service, why wouldn't you want your customer happy? All of our other devices include updates, why not our vehicles? IMO, dealers should have DIY stations in their parking lots so that customers choose to do updates on their own.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
@feetdry , stop lying. You are going to keep it till 500K, then to 700K, then to 900K and then you will be back to brag about how you have a million miles on the truck and the ODO does not roll over 999999. 😁
Ok, you got me. As good as this Ridgeline is, I have no reason to get rid of it.

I will say the foam under the leather of the driver's seat is getting a little "tired" with me sitting on it for 320,000 miles but that is about it. (I'm actually working with my "best service advisor" at the dealership I frequent to do a "refoam". Oh and the retractor for the driver's seatbelt is getting tired too. That is an easy replacement .

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just curious if anyone has crossed 100k miles yet. I'm at about 96k and am trying to decide if I should keep it past 100k or not. You have to replace the timing belt at 105k, so I'm not sure if doing so is a worthwhile venture.
[/QUO
I hit 100,000 about 2 months ago. Right now I'm at about 105,000. The dealership wanted frickin $2500 to do the timing belt, pump, coolant, etc. I told them you guys are nuts. I found a local shop that will do the work for about $945.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got 220k on my 07. Just had a timing belt kit replaced, and replaced all fluids. It drives like a dream. It was my late father's truck so I'm hoping to keep it going for a while. It's technically a two owner, as he bought it from the original owner at 185k. Locally owned and purchased in Charlotte, tons of service records, and driven mainly highway.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I've got 220k on my 07. Just had a timing belt kit replaced, and replaced all fluids. It drives like a dream. It was my late father's truck so I'm hoping to keep it going for a while. It's technically a two owner, as he bought it from the original owner at 185k. Locally owned and purchased in Charlotte, tons of service records, and driven mainly highway.
welcome to ROC and hope you enjoy your time here and make use of all the resources it has to offer. Hope you and your family have found peace in your father's passing and hope the truck serves you well, as much as it has for your father.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should have the belts and water-pump done. You will get most of back on resale unless someone stupid\unknowingly buys your truck.
Or trade it in for a new Ridgeline and let the dealer take care of the maintenance.
Good luck.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Your G1 does not have VCM.
Was the transmission fluid ever changed as part regular maintenance?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Our Ridgeline is now six months old and 10,000 miles. We have expectations of it providing service for us at least for another 290,000 more!

Bill

1 - 20 of 20 Posts