Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a deceptively worded letter from an outfit named CarShield regarding my"vehicle service contract."
I am curious how many Ridgeline owners received this BS? I am also curious how these guys got my name, address and fact I purchased a new Ridgeline?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Either your dealer or your states DMV. Trust no one. Or obviously the third party service contract if you have on. No a lot of sources.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I just received a deceptively worded letter from an outfit named CarShield regarding my"vehicle service contract."
I am curious how many Ridgeline owners received this BS? I am also curious how these guys got my name, address and fact I purchased a new Ridgeline?
throw it away.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I get those all the time from various companies. I just toss them.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Right in the garbage. Never a second thought. On a side note, when I get unsolicited mail such as credit card offers, I fold a page from a magazine or newspaper, put it in the return envelope and mail it back. My contribution to the USPS.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
It's also possible that Honda rented your name if you signed up for the owners club. Your insurance company. Your financial services company. The company that printed the full-length owner's manuals. The list is endless. They all put their palms out trying to make more money off you. Most of them offer obscure means of preventing this behavior, but I believe you have to renew your block on third-party list rental every year and it's like a shell game finding that right privacy setting. This is capitalism at work. I'm a believer in the free enterprise system but it has a dark side.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Right in the garbage. Never a second thought. On a side note, when I get unsolicited mail such as credit card offers, I fold a page from a magazine or newspaper, put it in the return envelope and mail it back. My contribution to the USPS.
I used to do that also. But now I used a gibberish generator and send a one page letter of crap to them in their envelope.

Like this: There's the law's deat pith whethe law's wrong, the and to bear to greams and end may we himself mind arms againsolence dream: ay, and the sleep; to sleep; to grunt with whethe wish'd. Thus cast and arms against give sleep; no mortune, the spurns the dreams more; and that make wills we know no trageousand arms and name of the that makes us consummation. There's wrong ent make with the shocks them? There's wrong, to sleep of of action. Thus coil, must give unwortune, the to sleep; not of gream: ay, a

Here's a pretty good one: Gibberish Generator
Or this one: Random text generator - Get random text for web or typography

BTW, I'm pretty sure sociology majors use these for their thesis papers. :laugh:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Only buy the manufactures factory extended warranty, in other words the Honda one. If you buy a GM product, buy the GM warranty, and so on. I personally never buy them, I drive very few miles per year, my 2008 RL had 50,000 on it when I sold it two week ago.

trainman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts